Your kids will love these veggie packed chicken roulades. Serve them with a side of steamed veggies and mashed potatoes for a healthy and complete meal.
- 1 cup fresh broccoli pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 8 oz. chive and onion cream cheese
- 10 fresh basil leaves (or 1/2 tsp. dried) (or a handful of your favorite fresh green herbs of any kind)
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 small organic chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- In a food processor, puree broccoli, spinach, cream cheese, and basil (or a handful of your favorite green herbs), to form the filling.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pound chicken breasts until smooth. Sprinkle facing side with salt and pepper
- Place heaping spoonful of filling inside each chicken cutlet.
- Carefully roll chicken keeping filling inside by 1/4" from edge.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet and secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Brush chicken with olive oil.
- Mix remaining ingredients to form a crumb topping and generously spread over each chicken piece.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (May be sprayed with a bit of butter flavored non-stick spray if needed to add moistness).
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 3/4" pieces.