These kid-friendly crispy eggplant fries are baked in the oven and served with warm marinara sauce. They make a great healthy holiday appetizer or side dish for sharing.
1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut julienne style
3 egg whites, beaten
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. dried basil
Non-stick cooking spray
1 cup marina or pasta
- Whip egg whites with a fork until blended and pour into a large bowl.
- Toss eggplant fries in egg whites.
- Combine next 6 ingredients and sprinkle over eggplant.
- Toss to coat eggplant.
- Place eggplant in a single layer on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spray fries with non-stick spray.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 10 minutes or until browned.
Serve with warm marinara dipping sauce on the side.