- 2 lbs. strawberries, washed & dried, stems left on
- 16 oz. dark organic chocolate chips
- Waxed paper
- Toothpicks (optional)
- Wash and thoroughly dry strawberries.
- Poke a toothpick into the end of each strawberry (into the green stem area) to create stability.
- Fill a medium pot with a couple inches of boiling water (either from an electric kettle, or boil the water on a heated element such as a stovetop or electric burner).
- Turn off the heat, and place a medium glass bowl directly into the water.
- Add chocolate to bowl and stir gently until melted.
- Holding the strawberries by the stem or toothpick, dip half of each strawberry into the chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper and allow to cool until hardened.
*Hint: only dipping half the strawberry reduces the amount of chocolate used.
**Makes approximately 40 strawberries.