Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Questions about Reposting Your work

HI there !

As a writer dealing with multiple disabilities my ability to write varies enormously. Some days I have the health to write 10 articles, some weeks I lack the energy to even get to my writing pc. Being able to repost articles I've already written and building a residual income might help.

I'm confused about just how this is done. To those who repost, do you repost the articles exactly? Are there links involved? Isn't their some sort of penalty for duplicate content? I'm so confused I'm not even sure what questions to ask. Does anyone have an example I can follow?

I've signed up for Bubblews and Teckler both, and only made 3usd on and change this week on Bubblews soany insight would help.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Super WAHM

Google is not kind to reposts anymore. They count it as duplicate content, and it doesn't matter if it is your own work you are posting or not. I suggest rewriting each piece so it passes a plagiarism checker before putting it back online. That being said, it all depends on the site where you repost it. You have to read their Terms of Use. Some allow reposting, some don't. For example, Yahoo Contributor Network allows reposting of articles that you submitted unsolicited, because they only have first rights. If you wrote for a beat or a solicited article, they retain full rights and you can't repost it.

If you repost something "as is," you are competing against yourself for page views. What I usually do is change up the keywords so it goes to another whole group of searchers, then you aren't in competition with your first article. I know this sounds complicated, but once you get it down it's easy.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks, I wrote for Associated Content before they became Yahoo Contributor Network, all but one of my Articles there was Non-exclusive. For some reason after Yahoo bought them, I have not been able to log in, or get any help getting accesss to that account.

Can you recommend any free Plagerism checkers ?

I've read something about "siloing" last week and it only confused me more !
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Question about reposting

I use Grammarly.com.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:03 PM
WAHM Addict

Since you seem to be going for revenue income, you could very well be better off to take a topic and write 3 or 4 very different articles so you have more exposure and not sacrifice page views on your own main blog where you have advertisements for revenue.

You've already done some research to get the first article, so a few more for other sites should take less time to create. Never use an article spinner as those are not worth the time and aggravation.

Syndicated articles, on the other hand, are the same ones posted in different places. It goes on your own blog first and waits until it gets indexed first, then it can be placed on other sites. Syndication is not duplicate content. Duplicate content is placing the same article(s) on your site or another site two or more times and Google does not like that.

News articles, press releases, etc., for example, are syndicated all the time over many different sites. One thing you want to keep in mind if you want to do syndicated articles is not to syndicate the ones you already have on your own blog in the same places.

People clicking on your author link to see your personal or biz blog need other interesting things to read, so your blog needs a lot more than just the syndicated articles--link back to your main page or to a non-syndicated article that provides more information they are seeking.

This ad will disappear if you login