Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Super WAHM

Default Skyword?

Anyone write for the Skyword program for What to Expect and know the rates??

Thanks
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 05-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_mama View Post
Anyone write for the Skyword program for What to Expect and know the rates??

Thanks
$10, then PV bonus
Old 05-08-2012, 07:45 PM
WAHM Regular

I was actually just rejected for What to Expect. I was not sure if they simply stopped hiring or if I do not have enough experience. Either way, I was sad :-(
Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 PM
WAHM Fanatic

If it's anything like the pampers program, I don't think you're missing out on much, lol.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

I agree. I wrote for the Bounty program and if it is handled remotely the same way you are not missing much at all. With Bounty I wrote about $400 worth of articles and they sat for a long time before even being looked at. I had to email in several times just to find out a status on them. About half of them sat there for 8 weeks. The rest were edited and either approved or denied within the next 8-9 weeks. It was insane. After that I did some research and found out that a lot of their programs are like this. Hurry up and turn it in then wait forever for editing or response. I decided to pass on anything they offered after that.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks!

Thanks ladies! You made me feel better :-) i think I was just hoping for some more experience elsewhere, but if editing really takes that long then I probably will not gain very much experience anyway.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Default New What to Expect Program on Skyword

Hi Ladies,

I hope I can answer your questions about the Bounty and What to Expect programs on Skyword. I am sorry to hear about the Bounty article review times. The Bounty program was in its early stages when review times were that long. We have since brought on more editors to help out; your articles should be moving quickly through the editorial process. Review times are now down to 1-2 days.

Currently we are recruiting writers for What to Expect's Word of Mom program that is set to launch at the beginning of June. The previous WTE program was a local gig and different from the Word of Mom program. The WTE local program has been postponed for the moment, but if you are a parenting pro with stories to share, WTE's Word of Mom is looking for entertaining and knowledgeable moms to provide original articles for their blog. If you're planning, pregnant, nursing or watching your baby start to walk we'd love to have you join the mommy blogging team! Apply here.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you have about the writing programs on Skyword. You can reach me directly at gpasciullo@skyword.com.

Best,
Grace Pasciullo
Skyword | Writer Recruitment Manager
Old 05-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyword Grace View Post
Hi Ladies,

I hope I can answer your questions about the Bounty and What to Expect programs on Skyword. I am sorry to hear about the Bounty article review times. The Bounty program was in its early stages when review times were that long. We have since brought on more editors to help out; your articles should be moving quickly through the editorial process. Review times are now down to 1-2 days.

Currently we are recruiting writers for What to Expect's Word of Mom program that is set to launch at the beginning of June. The previous WTE program was a local gig and different from the Word of Mom program. The WTE local program has been postponed for the moment, but if you are a parenting pro with stories to share, WTE's Word of Mom is looking for entertaining and knowledgeable moms to provide original articles for their blog. If you're planning, pregnant, nursing or watching your baby start to walk we'd love to have you join the mommy blogging team! Apply here.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you have about the writing programs on Skyword. You can reach me directly at gpasciullo@skyword.com.

Best,
Grace Pasciullo
Skyword | Writer Recruitment Manager
Thanks for replying.

This ad will disappear if you login