Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:27 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via AIM to emily3247 Send a message via Yahoo to emily3247
Default Blog Mutt Question

I was recently approved at Blog Mutt and just have a question about payment. Can you only invoice them one per month or can you invoice them every time you reach the $100 mark? Also, after you invoive them how long does it take to get paid? Thanks
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Registered WAHM

Here's how it works. You can either invoice once every 30 days (if you don't make the $100 payout) or you can request a payment once your running total reaches that $100 level. If you make $100 in one week, go ahead and invoice.

Payments are made every Monday morning (usually - unless Scott forgets - and if he does plenty of writers let him know and the payment is sent prompty the next morning).
Paymetns are made through Paypal.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via AIM to emily3247 Send a message via Yahoo to emily3247

Okay thanks! Do you know if it usually takes long for the blog owners to approve or reject articles? Do you et paid when they post them to their blog or once they are approved? Sorry for so many questions; this place just seems a lot more relaxed than what I'm used to!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Registered WAHM

You get paid once a blog is posted. So if you are third in the queue for the client, it will usually be three weeks before your article goes live. There are cases where customers take more than one blog a week and also times that they reorder their queue based on wanting a particular article at a particular time.

Some blog owners respond immediately and some don't respond at all - The best way to find out what the client is like is to look at the bottom of their page and check out blogs they have accepted or rejected and whther they look like they require a lot of revisions. There are a few sites I won't write for becuase they ask for a significant amount of revisions. There are others that take every single blog post that is offered without even making a comment on them.

My best advise is that you look at Scott's 14 steps to writing a good Blogmutt post and then research the clients before you start writing. this process is slow at the beginning (it took me about 3 hours to do my first post) but once you get used to the style nad what the client likes you can whip them off quickly (I can do three an hour easily - that $18, not too bad).

Ken
Old 04-29-2012, 09:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks!

You've done a great job showing how Blogmutt works, I appreciate it very much!

One small thing: If you do three posts in an hour, your pay would be closer to $24/hour. ($8 times 3.) There's always a chance of clients rejecting a post, but so far it's been about 10 percent and many of the rejected posts can get a tweak here or there and turn into a post for a different client. So anyway if you are a fast, clean writer it's for sure possible to make more than $20/hour.

Last edited by scottcyates; 04-29-2012 at 10:01 AM.

This ad will disappear if you login