Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:00 AM
WAHM Addict

Default Writer's Domain?

Has anyone submitted their W-9 yet? I have it saved as a PDF and go to submit it and the system says the file needs to be a PDF. I've resaved it three times just in case there was something wrong with the first save and that didn't help. I contacted support and the same day I rec'd a response saying it must be my computer and to use a different computer. I've submitted it using my laptop, my daughter's laptop and my son's desktop and in each case I get that message. So I sent another message to help and it's been two days without any response.

It says they do not pay anyone until a W-9 is submitted, so now I'm stuck.

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Super WAHM

I just uploaded my W-9. Thanks, I had forgotten to do it, but it uploaded with no problem for me. I got a little green check mark by the upload part, and I guess I just have to wait to see if they verify it.

If all of your family computers are networked together it may be a network firewall issue. I know I had issues with another company and my virus protection. Or they got your message a fixed the issue. Good luck. I know we all need the money we work hard to earn.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Awesome WAHM

I submitted mine last week with no problems.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:23 AM
WAHM Addict

I've tried again today and it says they can only accept PDF files, but it is a PDF file. I've tried creating a completely new file, saving it as a PDF and again I get the message that it's not a PDF file, yet it clearly says W9.pdf for the file extension. It's frustrating at this point because I haven't heard back, I obviously can't get paid if I can't submit my form and I can't submit my form if the system won't recognize it as being a PDF.

I've never had problems uploading my W9 to other sites though, so that's what's weird. If it was really a firewall issue, I should have had problems with these other sites.

I'd like to write more, but if I'm doing all this and never get paid because I can't get my stupid W9 to upload, it's kind of pointless to keep working.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:01 AM
WAHM Fanatic

How much does Writer's Domain pay? Are they worth it? I need to add a few more eggs to my basket. I've got MC, NAA Interact Media and a PC (who has thankfully added more work to my plate lately). I am on with BH but they never have any work anymore. I would like to find someone who has more work at a good pay.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:41 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by annietn41 View Post
How much does Writer's Domain pay? Are they worth it? I need to add a few more eggs to my basket. I've got MC, NAA Interact Media and a PC (who has thankfully added more work to my plate lately). I am on with BH but they never have any work anymore. I would like to find someone who has more work at a good pay.
Pay depends on your level. At 4 stars, I get $3.30 per article of 200 to 300 words.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
I've tried again today and it says they can only accept PDF files, but it is a PDF file. I've tried creating a completely new file, saving it as a PDF and again I get the message that it's not a PDF file, yet it clearly says W9.pdf for the file extension. It's frustrating at this point because I haven't heard back, I obviously can't get paid if I can't submit my form and I can't submit my form if the system won't recognize it as being a PDF.

I've never had problems uploading my W9 to other sites though, so that's what's weird. If it was really a firewall issue, I should have had problems with these other sites.

I'd like to write more, but if I'm doing all this and never get paid because I can't get my stupid W9 to upload, it's kind of pointless to keep working.

If you have Acrobat on your computer, try printing to a PDF instead of saving it, then try uploading it. Print to PDF is read by the computer different than save to PDF.

All else fails, ask for a fax number.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:41 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Not enough for me - I am going to pass on it. That is horrible pay in my book. I applied with the Writers Network so I shall see if I get on there. They pay more than that.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:25 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by annietn41 View Post
Not enough for me - I am going to pass on it. That is horrible pay in my book. I applied with the Writers Network so I shall see if I get on there. They pay more than that.
I don't count it as horrible pay simply because nothing I've written for them has required any research. It's all very basic material such as "beach outfits."
Old 10-28-2011, 01:26 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmicwindows View Post
If you have Acrobat on your computer, try printing to a PDF instead of saving it, then try uploading it. Print to PDF is read by the computer different than save to PDF.

All else fails, ask for a fax number.
I'll try the printing method. I asked if I could email or fax it, but have yet to hear back after three days so either the help desk is really busy or they don't have an alternative is my guess.

This ad will disappear if you login