Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:33 AM
WAHM Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
I don't count it as horrible pay simply because nothing I've written for them has required any research. It's all very basic material such as "beach outfits."
I agree. If you keep your word count down to between 200 and 300 words, which is perfectly acceptable, the pay is one cent per word and even a fraction more. That's decent. Most writers here have expressed that one cent per word is acceptable.

Blinky :-)
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-28-2011, 10:32 AM
WAHM Regular

I can write 6 - 7 articles an hour with them, even when I'm pulling from the "next article" button, so that's $20 or more per hour, which I think it decent. I can make more on other sites at times, but Writer's Domain is easy and stress free. I usually use it when I'm feeling burned out
Old 10-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Super WAHM

I agree that you can make a good deal of money an hour working there, and it is really stress free. It takes a while for them to review the articles, but I use it as a back egg anyway. They are really nice for the burnouts and backup income for the next month.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:30 AM
WAHM Regular

I like Writer's Domain, so far...except I'm still waiting for them to approve an article. I've written 4 articles since 10/27 and they haven't approved any yet! How long does it usually take? Thanks!

(Please visit my hubs at: hecate-horus on HubPages)
Old 11-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Super WAHM

Their site says it takes up to 10 business days to approve an article. I waited for them to approve my first one before I wrote another. It took them just over a week to get it reviewed. The second one was approved in just under a week. I know have three sitting there waiting.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:00 AM
WAHM Addict

I just wish their system would recognize my file as being PDF. It's been two weeks, I've sent many messages to support and haven't heard a word. All I want is a fax number or email to send my W-9 instead of uploading it when their system won't accept it saying it's not a PDF when it is. The only response support gave me was to try a different computer, I've tried three diifferent computers, my daughter's, my son's and I even drove to my brother's house and used his computer and it still wouldn't accept it. I can't get payment until they give me an alternative way to submit the W9 and I'm just not getting any answer at this point, so I think I'm going to have to take the $10 as a loss.

Minutes after posting this: Support did get back to me and have the file and are trying to upload it on their end, so crossing fingers that this works! And it worked on their end, so I'm just waiting for the email that the system accepted it.

Last edited by anng; 11-03-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

They have mentioned that they approve in the order of the articles' due dates. Therefore, if you want articles approved fast, complete the ones with the closest date on them. You can use the "Get Next Article" button to find the assignments that are high priority. That's what I have been using and my articles have been approved within 1-2 hours, and as early as 30 minutes after submission.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I decided to go ahead and apply with them. That was last week and my sample article still has not been reviewed yet so I can't start writing. I wrote on grass in Ohio - LOL. It may not be my best article but I don't think it was too bad. I hope they get it looked at soon because after reading this thread I don't think it's as bad as I first thought it was.

This ad will disappear if you login