Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Super WAHM

Default Quality Gal-First Impressions

I've just been hired by Quality Gal, so I figured I'd share some info with everyone. I did a search and there doesn't seem to be many recent threads.

Quality Gal is a content site, but with a twist: they require you to add a certain amount of authoritative links to your article. Pay is based on how many links are included. The articles range from 12-to 20 something dollars. (I've heard 23 or 25, but so far I've only see articles that were 12, 15, or 18 dollars). They pay weekly on fridays for work submitted and edited by thursday at 3.

The test process took about a week for me. You have to fax them your paperwork, and then they send you a test article. I got a very fast response acknowledging that they had gotten my paperwork, then it took a few more days for them to assign me my (paid) test article.

I may just be slow, but so far the articles have been taking me kind of awhile to complete. I think I'm just being a perfectionist, because I really felt like the ones I did so far weren't my best. But I got a grade of "A" for all 3 and some nice feedback.

Speaking of feedback, the editors seem extremely nice! The feedback I got on all my articles was really friendly and said stuff like "thanks for writing" and "great article". It's always good to get a little bit of positive reinforcement.

The only drawback to this site is that there doesn't seem to be many articles available. Three is the largest number of articles I've ever seen available on there! It seems like you really have to stalk to the article page to snag an article. Not sure if that's how it usually is or not though.

So to sum up, it seems like a good site but I wish there was more work!

Last edited by jessicalynn; 07-19-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-19-2011, 12:17 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Ccook Send a message via MSN to Ccook Send a message via Yahoo to Ccook Send a message via Skype™ to Ccook

When I worked with them, I loved it. It took me longer because of the links to do good articles, and I wasn't able to meet the quota at the time to stay active. But it was interesting and I agree that the editors are great.

There were not very many articles available when I was working with them and I checked the page multiple times a day to find things I liked. I think it probably is the summer though since you only see three at the most; I was working in the fall and there were 12 or more sometimes at a time.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Super WAHM

Ccook, what is their quota? I wonder if they even still have it, because I haven't seen anything about that on any of the writer information!

eta- I wish the problem was not finding stuff I like....most of the time when I've been checking the page, there is literally NOTHING available! lol.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Default QualityGal

I have to say that I love QG. The editors and staff are friendly and offer excellent feedback. If you ever have questions they respond quickly. I had a question this morning and received a response back from Heather not even 10 minutes later!

As far as writing an article, you will find that you'll get faster as time goes on. The pay is decent, in my opinion. I've snagged articles that have had a pay out of $50 for a 1,000 words. Not bad! Typically article prices range from 12, 15, 18, or 21 dollars.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:43 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Ccook Send a message via MSN to Ccook Send a message via Yahoo to Ccook Send a message via Skype™ to Ccook

It was so long ago I don't even remember the quota. They may have since gotten rid of it! I agree with writermom04 - you'll get faster. That's true anywhere really I think.

I think there was a weekly quota and that was my issue, but I'm not entirely sure. At that time period there were a lot of things happening and some things I just don't remember. But I know I had to ask for another chance and then got sick so I think QG wasn't for me there, lol!

Good luck with it!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Quota

I don't think there is a quota anymore. Granted I could be wrong! I've had multiple weeks where I did not write for them, to this date I have not had an issue regarding a quota.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:55 AM
WAHM Regular

QualityGal has no quota for any writers, you can write as little or as much as you want, but thanks for inquiring.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Super WAHM

I wrote for Quality Gal a few years ago and had to drop it when I had a baby. I am now looking to return. How do I contact you to get back in? I left on good terms, just needed some time. I tried logging in but my name is not being recognized (although you sent me a password on my email) so I am guessing I was deactivated.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcamerasnic View Post
I wrote for Quality Gal a few years ago and had to drop it when I had a baby. I am now looking to return. How do I contact you to get back in? I left on good terms, just needed some time. I tried logging in but my name is not being recognized (although you sent me a password on my email) so I am guessing I was deactivated.
I don't know for sure, but I think you just have to reapply. I used to write for them also, but it was before they started the articles with links. I was deactivated when they made all the changes. They said I had to reapply, which I think I will soon.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Awesome WAHM

I am also interested in applying. Has the work picked up for them? How long does a *typical* article take to complete when you factor in the links and such?

This ad will disappear if you login