Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:18 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Look on your Content Writer Page under the Contractor Resources column. There's a link for Feedback Surveys . Reporting Problems With An Editor is one of the survey options.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Super WAHM

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Super WAHM

Angry I need to vent

I've had it with one content editor. It is rare for another content editor to send me back an article for revision, although it does happen occasionally, but this one does it EVERY SINGLE TIME, and I'm fed up. Now and then it is legitimate, but mostly it is BS, asking me to rewrite things that other content editors apparently think is fine since they approve articles where I've previously done the same things that she rejects. For example, if a college program title has different wording than the article title, she rejects it, even if the program is teaching the exact same thing, even though my guidance editor has told me it's OK. Then this content editor will return my next article, for something equally unnecessary, ad infinitum. I know I get paid for revising, but it is a waste of Remilon's money and a source of extreme aggravation for me. I wish I could just send in a request to remove my articles from her queue so that I wouldn't have to deal with her!

I just went to the Report Problem with an Editor page, and it said I need a password. Sigh. I just sent in a request for a password. Except for this one editor, I'm enjoying Remilon, but I'm looking around for another gig because this seems to be a constant thing with her, and she's not worth the aggravation.

Last edited by Lumara; 03-14-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:21 PM
WAHM Regular

I applied to remilon a few weeks ago, but I'm really hoping I don't need the job anymore by the time they start a new round of hiring. That just sounds like a ridiculous headache.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
I've had it with one content editor. It is rare for another content editor to send me back an article for revision, although it does happen occasionally, but this one does it EVERY SINGLE TIME, and I'm fed up. Now and then it is legitimate, but mostly it is BS, asking me to rewrite things that other content editors apparently think is fine since they approve articles where I've previously done the same things that she rejects. For example, if a college program title has different wording than the article title, she rejects it, even if the program is teaching the exact same thing, even though my guidance editor has told me it's OK. Then this content editor will return my next article, for something equally unnecessary, ad infinitum. I know I get paid for revising, but it is a waste of Remilon's money and a source of extreme aggravation for me. I wish I could just send in a request to remove my articles from her queue so that I wouldn't have to deal with her!

I just went to the Report Problem with an Editor page, and it said I need a password. Sigh. I just sent in a request for a password. Except for this one editor, I'm enjoying Remilon, but I'm looking around for another gig because this seems to be a constant thing with her, and she's not worth the aggravation.
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I think I may know the editor you're talking about. I've had some very similar experiences and it can be extremely frustrating. I had to submit a title the other day where I actually could not find any programs with the name that was in the title. I sure hope she doesn't get that one!

Oh, and there are passwords listed on the main survey page, underneath each survey link.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I think I know who you might be referring to also.

I've decided to move on from Remilon...I have a great private gig starting next week (thanks to this forum!), and I also just got an invitation to test for Butler Hill. I don't dislike the work with Remilon, but I find myself so stressed out, wondering if I'm spending too much time on an article and worrying about scores. It got to the point that I dreaded logging in, and therefore, I would procrastinate.

Good luck to everyone who sticks with it!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:34 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1976 View Post
I think I know who you might be referring to also.

I've decided to move on from Remilon...I have a great private gig starting next week (thanks to this forum!), and I also just got an invitation to test for Butler Hill. I don't dislike the work with Remilon, but I find myself so stressed out, wondering if I'm spending too much time on an article and worrying about scores. It got to the point that I dreaded logging in, and therefore, I would procrastinate.

Good luck to everyone who sticks with it!
Congrats on your new gig and the Butler Hill testing! I often feel the way you've described when working for Remilon. I'm sticking with it for now, but it gets a little overwhelming for me to do the minimum hours each pay period. I have other eggs that pay better, so it's hard to stay motivated with this one. I thought I would like the fact that it's consistent and I don't have to constantly look for new writing gigs, but it's just causes a different kind of stress!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMiss View Post
Congrats on your new gig and the Butler Hill testing! I often feel the way you've described when working for Remilon. I'm sticking with it for now, but it gets a little overwhelming for me to do the minimum hours each pay period. I have other eggs that pay better, so it's hard to stay motivated with this one. I thought I would like the fact that it's consistent and I don't have to constantly look for new writing gigs, but it's just causes a different kind of stress!
Thank you! My account is officially closed, and I breathed a sigh of relief.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Super WAHM

I don't mind the writing for Remilon, but I find myself procrastinating when I have to revise an article that I don't think needs revision because of that one content editor. I worked a lot of hours and was pleased with my payment for the previous pay period, but this time I only worked half the hours because I was so aggravated, and that will hurt me a lot financially.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing problems with that one editor, but it shows me that there is a real problem that Remilon should address if others are also having the same negative experiences from the same editor. Do the initials PB ring a bell?

What does Butler Hill pay? I just checked out their site and they need search engine evaluators. I'd rather write, but if I can make more with less aggravation somewhere else, I'll do it.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:44 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I can't disclose Butler Hill's pay (signed an NDA), but it's a good deal more per hour than Remilon.

My "picky" editor was TM. She approved my articles but dinged my score for issues that didn't exist. Like, I wrote about an advanced degree that someone could ONLY get if they were already licensed in the field by saying (just an example) "Veterinarians who are pursuing an advanced degree..." She knocked me down a point, saying that "Veterinarians (again, not the real career I was writing about) don't pursue degrees, veterinary students do." But in the case of THIS degree, you have to BE a veterinarian first!! And I made that clear in the article!

This ad will disappear if you login