Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Super WAHM

Default word gigs is hiring

Its a good place for a newby or established writer according to a friend of mine who has worked there a year. Pays via paypal $4 400 word article, $3 small article, $1 100 word insert. Must pass a quiz and go through their training process unpaid. You are assigned paid jobs and once you meet their standards you can choose work. Not sure how steady work is though. Must be a native english writer and live in the US. Once they have enough writers, they take down the sign up for account link so if you are interested hurry!
Wordgigs.com
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks for the lead!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Awesome WAHM

The test was pretty easy and it tells you if you pass right away. But it looks like there is a LOT of stuff to look over. How long does it take to read over all of their information? Does anyone know? I saw it and just uggghh....and they don't pay you for that.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Super WAHM

I signed up to see what it's all about. I've done 3 of the mandatory videos and while there is some useful information in there - it's geared more towards someone who has never written for a content site before.

Each of the 3 videos I did were 20 minutes long each and those weren't the end of it.

Also, I'd like to point out that the pay mentioned above is incorrect, at least for new hires - it is ONLY $0.75 per 100 word post. The mini's are only $2.00 and the 400 word articles are $4.00

And, you are considered a "novice" writer until you earn $300 with them. This means that you will only be assigned blurbs to complete - at $0.75 each (which would take a LONG time to get out of the "Novice" stage)...but, they did say that if no blurbs were available - they can give you other articles.

They assign you the articles as a novice writer, you can't pick and choose and you can't turn an article down or your gone. It isn't until you make the $300 mark that you would be allowed to pick your own articles.

Just thought I'd share.....

Last edited by jennysp8; 02-17-2010 at 06:23 AM. Reason: edited for correction to pay
Old 02-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered WAHM

I just went through the process and past all my tests so I am ready to go. I actually really like it. It seems pretty easy and I know it will take me a while to reach my 300 goal but I see myself working for this company for a long time. I suggest to anyone to give it a try. I think it will be worth it.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:28 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default I started the process...

I passed their test. But I did all this before reading that there is no pay until your reach $300.00. They could be out of business by then. I do transcription full time and write as I am able to. So, I would like to hear feedback from someone who works for them.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Super WAHM

@ rieoma - - I think I might have not posted about the $300 right...you still get your pay each month - you just can't pick and choose your own articles until you reach a total earnings of $300...so whether that takes someone a month or two months....in the mean time- they decide which articles you write and you have to write them even if you don't like the article subject
Old 02-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Awesome WAHM

$4 isn't very much.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Registered WAHM

I know $4 i not alot of money but I am desperate for work. I dont know where else to get a writing job where u dont have to drive traffic or anything like that.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:29 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgurd View Post
I know $4 i not alot of money but I am desperate for work. I dont know where else to get a writing job where u dont have to drive traffic or anything like that.
There's plenty of writing jobs available where you don't have to drive your own traffic. Read the stickies in this forum .

This ad will disappear if you login