Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Work at Home Dads

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Where are all the WAHDs?

This seems to be a pretty slow category. Let's liven it up! I know there are plenty of other dads on here!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Skype™ to GDiMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh WAHDad View Post
This seems to be a pretty slow category. Let's liven it up! I know there are plenty of other dads on here!
Hello, Josh. I had been a regular here for a while offering tips. (I'm not much for off topic chit-chat in forums) but this forum became pretty SPAMMY and I had walked away from it. I did participate in some of the other "rooms" here now and then. It appears this one is more consistently moderated now so maybe some other dads will work pop in and ask questions or communicate without fear of being pitched from all sides.

Just wanted to toss out a hello and let you know it isn't totally empty here. I'm a thirty year veteran of the network marketing industry with my focus in wellness. I have built businesses on and off, some nice successes and a couple not so successful and have worked with one articular ownership group for over 15 years now. With the changes in the economy, work place and other issues I have committed to return to something I love, helping others to help themselves either in physically, financially as business builders or both and will be building a new team after having supported product sales and training the last several years.

Though I have experience in Talent Acquisition, Acct. Management and Sales and retail management my other passion is broadcasting and voice over, a field I have been away from for several years. I live in the Dallas area and that field is uber-crowded and just demanded too much time to land gigs. With my kids in high school and then college it wasn't something that was working for me at the time.

So now I'll build toward that time freedom and hopefully can pursue that field more on a part time.

Well this ran longer than intended so let me just conclude with Nice to meet you!

Gery D

Last edited by GDiMarco; 07-12-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: correct typos
Old 07-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile Hi

Hi, I'm new here and a wants to work at home divorced Dad with a 13 year old daughter and 16 year old son with me for summers and winter break. Doesn't look like there's many of us here.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Super WAHM

I would venture to say there are more here than you think. I just don't see to many scrolling all the way to the bottom of the forums to find it.
Either that, or they just don't want to be called a WAHD, lol
Old 08-02-2011, 05:35 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiMarco View Post
Hello, Josh. I had been a regular here for a while offering tips. (I'm not much for off topic chit-chat in forums) but this forum became pretty SPAMMY and I had walked away from it. I did participate in some of the other "rooms" here now and then. It appears this one is more consistently moderated now so maybe some other dads will work pop in and ask questions or communicate without fear of being pitched from all sides.

Just wanted to toss out a hello and let you know it isn't totally empty here. I'm a thirty year veteran of the network marketing industry with my focus in wellness. I have built businesses on and off, some nice successes and a couple not so successful and have worked with one articular ownership group for over 15 years now. With the changes in the economy, work place and other issues I have committed to return to something I love, helping others to help themselves either in physically, financially as business builders or both and will be building a new team after having supported product sales and training the last several years.

Though I have experience in Talent Acquisition, Acct. Management and Sales and retail management my other passion is broadcasting and voice over, a field I have been away from for several years. I live in the Dallas area and that field is uber-crowded and just demanded too much time to land gigs. With my kids in high school and then college it wasn't something that was working for me at the time.

So now I'll build toward that time freedom and hopefully can pursue that field more on a part time.

Well this ran longer than intended so let me just conclude with Nice to meet you!

Gery D

Hi Gery, it's nice to meet you as well. Thanks for popping in. Fantastic story, and good luck with pursuing a return to broadcasting and voice over work! Sounds exciting!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin View Post
Hi, I'm new here and a wants to work at home divorced Dad with a 13 year old daughter and 16 year old son with me for summers and winter break. Doesn't look like there's many of us here.

Hi, and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion View Post
I would venture to say there are more here than you think. I just don't see to many scrolling all the way to the bottom of the forums to find it.
Either that, or they just don't want to be called a WAHD, lol

I already think there are a lot here, considering the many posts I've seen from men in other areas of the forum. Not sure why they wouldn't want to be called a WAHD unless they're either not a dad or they don't work at home.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh WAHDad View Post
Hi, and welcome!
I already think there are a lot here, considering the many posts I've seen from men in other areas of the forum. Not sure why they wouldn't want to be called a WAHD unless they're either not a dad or they don't work at home.
Just something about saying it outloud that sounds funny :-)
Been working out of my house for over a decade, and have 3 kids so I qualify on both counts, and still think it sounds funny.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Whas' Going on, Dads!

Woo Hoo! I found one! A good one, too! Dang, I needed a WAHD forum badly.

My name is Ken. I do article and blog writing for paying sites and private clients....run a few blogs, that kind of thing.

I am currently a "go to work and come back and work at home dad" but when I retire from the Army in 3 years I plan to work full time from the house. I'm currently stationed in Fort Meade MD and my family still lives in Bedford, MA. It's been tough but it has provided me with ample time to learn a bit about working from home, online money and scams! lol. I am just now getting into a little bit of IM stuff...we'll see. Anyway love that I found this!

Wouldn't mind if you checked my sites out either, lol! Can we do links in here? Not sure, so I won't try it. Nothing like being kicked out on my first day...that would remind me of high school!

Take care! Stay Thirsty! ...and for gawd's sake be careful out there!

Deuces,

Ken "The Blogging Dude!"
Old 08-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to HappynHealthy Send a message via Skype™ to HappynHealthy

Hey, I'm a WAHD, too.

Let's keep this forum going. I know there are many more here.

I usually post in the Health & Wellness section.

Peace & Blessings fellas!

Continue to be a blessing to your families.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to HappynHealthy Send a message via Skype™ to HappynHealthy

Hey Ken. Maybe we can get this forum going. I'll try to share this on Facebook. I'm sure there are other WAHDs there.

This ad will disappear if you login