Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > WAHMs in Network Marketing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Distinct differences?

YTB vs World Ventures...

Didn't a bunch of people jump into World Ventures a while back and then everyone started crying SCAM? Or was this a different travel deal?Edited by: homebiz24
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-21-2006, 04:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Is there an earnings cap with ytb?

How do I see more info on the comp plan for ytb?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:29 PM
WAHM Addict

How much does it cost to join YTB? Can you work the biz from anywhere in the world?

thanks

~Jessica
Old 09-21-2006, 08:38 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Utopia Send a message via MSN to Utopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtj1417

How much does it cost to join YTB? Can you work the biz from anywhere in the world?

thanks

~Jessica

Right now WorldVentures is only open to the USA, but it is in the works to expand. We are an upstart company, so there is definate room to grow.

YTB $399 to join + $49.99 per month

World Ventures $250 to join + $19.94 - $39.94 (depending on what products you get)

World Ventures was started on December 10,2005.

WV has 20,000+ Reps(10 months)& YTB has approx 34,000 Reps(6 years. Shane may need to confirm the YTB numbers as they might be outdated)

Two major differences in WV and YTB.

#1: DreamTrips Vacations.http://www.worldventures.com/dreamtrips

This is a "Travel Club" of sorts. Consider it like "The Sam's Club" of travel. Members have access to monthly travel deals that a person can't find anywhere else. Currently there is at least one (sometimes two) trip per month. By the end of 2007 there will be a trip for every week of the year. You can take as many trips as you like, no limit is set on them.

These are brokered by WV (bought in bulk) and NOT marked up to the members. That is why they are so cheap. Click on the months from the link above to see past, current and future vacations.

#2 RTA (Referring Travel Agent)-

This is where you get a website with a unique travel booking system called Powersearch http://utopia.worldventures.com/powersearch.htmlThis is a sole proprietary technology that WorldVentures has. When you type in your dates and destination you are literally searching 200+ websites at once. There is no need to go website to website, because WV has already searched themfor you.

WV has 5 streams of income (not to mention the money you save on your DreamTrips)
  1. <LI>DirectCommission
    <LI>Weekly Commission
    <LI>Residual Commission
    <LI>Travel Points
    <LI>Rank Promotions (will pay for your DreamCar and DreamHome)</LI>

WorldVentures has a Binary Compensation Plan. http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?fr=ybr_sbc&amp;p=worldven tures%20compensation%20plan

Here is where you can find out about our leaders. http://www.utopia.worldventures.biz/aboutus.aspx.

Edited by: Utopia
Old 09-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via MSN to never4get

The Sign up for YTB is $449.00, and the monthly fee is $49.00

The great thing about the monthly fee is that once you have 6 team members, you monthly fee is waived making your monthly qualification, and fee $00.00

We have the Leadership, the backing, the track record to move into the next wave of Success.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:10 AM
WAHM Regular

I found the old thread about WV... looks like a bunch of people here requested refunds back in June... why????
Old 09-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Blade

World Ventures is cheaper to join but with a binary pay plan it makes it difficult for the average person to make alot of money.

I am not familiar with the dream trips but I do know that with YTB and my travel credentials I can go anywhere at anytime and get a travel agent rate. I travel two to three times a month and I stay in high end hotels for $50-$100 a night. Usually I will end up ina suite as the hotels love having travel agents stay there.

You can use your travel credentials for anything that has to do with the travel industry, from theme parks to shows in Branson to luxory cruises. As a travel rep with YTB you no longer pay full price for anything and many times you get things for free.

(If you are planning on going on a cruise you will want to have your travel credentials.) The deals the cruise lines offer to agents is absolutly incredible.

As for being global, we only have reps in the USA and Puerto Rico at this time but I do know they are looking into opening several countries in the near future. People in other countries can use your travel site to book their travel but it is not heavily promoted outside of the USA.

If you are serious about the travel industry take a look at YTB. Watch the presentation and look over the comp plan. Be sure to get your hands on a copy of Success Magazine. You can get one from Shane or my self just ask.

Thanks Blade GreenwoodEdited by: Blade
Old 09-22-2006, 03:46 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Utopia Send a message via MSN to Utopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebiz24

Distinct differences?

YTB vs World Ventures...

Didn't a bunch of people jump into World Ventures a while back and then everyone started crying SCAM? Or was this a different travel deal?

They were crying SCAM because they knew WV was going to be a competitor and had unique products to offer that others didn't.

Most of what I saw was from GTT people. Also saw a few from YTB associates, but for the most part it was the GTT folks that were spreading rumors. They started spreading the rumors before the company was even launched. I have found threads going as far back as six months prior to WV opening up where people were yelling scam.

It has all went awaysince everything was proven wrong. There is no talk of scam now from anywhere (that I am aware).

Most of the scam crying came from scam.com, which is a cesspool of a website. I would not take anything seriously that is on that website. Every company is a scam over there...YTB even has a few threads dedicated to them, and we all know they arenot a scam either. There are even threads calling Mary Kay and Tupperware scams for crying outloud.

I don't think other companies would be merging with WorldVentures if it were a scam. Billion Dollar Travel Network merged with WV at the beginning of this month. http://www.billiondollartravel.com/index.html

Also WV having 20,000+ associates in 10 months vs YTB having 34,000+ in six years says alot about the direction WV is headed. Nothing against YTB at all. I looked at them and know they are a good company.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:17 AM
WAHM Regular

World Ventures seems to be much more "hip" and have more of a community feeling... I like the monthly dream trips idea... seems like this would be an awesome way to connect with the leaders in your group....

YTB has more of a track record however and seems like much more money can be made via their bonuses....

From a purely compensation plan point of view would all of you agree that YTB is the better of the two?

Thanks!

Old 09-23-2006, 06:44 AM
WAHM Regular

What's up with this?

7. OTHER PROVISIONS:
a. Exclusive to YTB: In order to maintain status as a YTB Director, the Director, spouse, family, household members, or Director business partner are required not to participate in any other direct sales, network marketing or director sales company;

This seems a bit extreme.

This ad will disappear if you login