Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Virtual Assistants

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to gail2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of signing up with Team Double Click... and then I ran across this thread: http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.I'asp?TID=116664&P N=1

I've searched around and I can't find the Terms and Conditions on the TDC site. Any idea where to look?

Does anyone work for them? Would anyone consider it?

Thanks,

GailEdited by: gail2005
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to momathome

I'd be careful of anything that had ambiguous T&C. Or none at all.

I have never heard of them, but I think caution is a good policy here. Try contacting them for more info.

Good luck

OfficeSupportNow.com
Old 02-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Super WAHM

Hi
Old 02-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Super WAHM

Whoops, I pressed enter too soon! Gail, I am searching their site to find the terms and agreements so that I can direct you to what I mentioned in a previous post. I saved the location of the terms and agreements as below. But from their home page I'm trying to find the steps to get there so youcan find it. Maybe if you cut and paste the url I put below it will take you there. Please read #2 very carefully, especially the last paragraph!

http://www.teamdoubleclick.com/admin...ssistantforrea lestate.html
Old 02-07-2006, 05:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Got it!

Are you working for them or have you? Know anyone who does?

Thanks Nancy!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Super WAHM

Hi Gail, from the home page scroll to the bottom of the page under For Contractors, select Team Contractor Opportunities. That takes you to the three types of certification that they provide and in the middle of the page is a white box that says "Sign Up". If you click on that you get the Terms and Conditions. This is how I found the information that I posted here in another thread.

Good luck!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Super WAHM

Hi Gail, no I haven't worked for them. I was tempted to write them regarding their T&C agreement, but I honestly thought the training & certification is free, what do 'I' expect. I don't know anyone that has worked for them either. I only know that in the contracting and subcontracting that I have done, I want to get paid for what I do. And at the very least if TeamDoubleClick gets to pick my work with 'their' clients how can I be held responsible for their bill? To me that was unreasonable so I passed on that one.

I can tell that that I have gotten several jobs through Guru.com. It's not going to make me rich, but working for clients I met through this site is what keeps me busy and growing now.

Best of luck to you!

Old 02-07-2006, 06:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Good grief!!

"Moreover, the parties agree that any bill to a client of Team Double-Click that remains unpaid after sixty (60) days from the invoice date will be turned over to collections and that contractor shall forfeit his or her payment on said work. In the event Company is unable to collect a bill, Company reserves the right to deduct the entire amount of the bill from contractor’s future compensation. Contractor’s responsibility to repay the amount of any uncollected bills shall survive the termination of this Agreement."

I really can't believe it! I don't have any VA experience and I thought this might be a good way to get some... However, I'm not going to be held responsible for their bills. PLEASE! Give me a break. [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Thanks so much for pointing that out. I most certainly will write to them, explaining politely that they are out of their minds and I don't want to be considered for positions with them.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Super WAHM

I see you got to the part I was referring to! All of us may encounter an unpaid invoice once in our profession, but to have someone turn around and tell you, YOU HAVE TO PAY US FOR THEIR BILL, that was just way beyond what I can justify! And it further says that that agreement to pay them out lives the contract, meaning that even if you quit their company, they maintain to right to come after you for a judgement or whatever to collect the money! How awful does that sound.[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Maybe if you write them and they can help you to understand it you can explain it to me (us)![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2006, 06:34 PM
WAHM Regular

I'll report back what, if anything, happens. I wonder if they'll try to justify it somehow? That should be interesting. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

This ad will disappear if you login