Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Usborne

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Usborne vs Barefoot

Why did you choose Usborne over Barefoot? I use to do Barefoot Books but I had a hard time selling them. I found out soon the will be having quotas I can not do.

Can I please have info on Usborne Books please?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Well I am *about* to join Usborne. In February they have the mini kit for $29! I don't believe Usborne has quotas which has been an issue with me with another company I did years ago.

I mostly am joining because my kids like the books. They are a high quality and therefore *I* like them!

They have a 50% lifetime replacement which is great because my 20 mo. old though his farm "Lift the Flap" was a "Tear all the flaps off" book. haha.

When I hosted a show, the other thing I loved was that something like 80% of the books are UNDER $10. Myself and most of my good friends are people with one income and small children at home...we can't spend huge amounts of money. But ten bucks for a good book or a birthday gift, that is doable!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:05 PM
WAHM Addict

I chose Usborne because I feel they are more "mainstream". They have also been around for a long time, and are a debt free, proven company.

They have great programs for schools/libraries/organizations, so I liked the fact that I can sell in those areas besides just direct customers. And the online ordering is great too.

That said- I own some Barefoot books- and they are great too!

Dawn Berkley, Supervisor ~ www.ReadingCanBeFun.com

Old 01-27-2012, 02:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMama View Post
Well I am *about* to join Usborne. In February they have the mini kit for $29! I don't believe Usborne has quotas which has been an issue with me with another company I did years ago.

I mostly am joining because my kids like the books. They are a high quality and therefore *I* like them!

They have a 50% lifetime replacement which is great because my 20 mo. old though his farm "Lift the Flap" was a "Tear all the flaps off" book. haha.

When I hosted a show, the other thing I loved was that something like 80% of the books are UNDER $10. Myself and most of my good friends are people with one income and small children at home...we can't spend huge amounts of money. But ten bucks for a good book or a birthday gift, that is doable!
Sounds like a good reason to join!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingCanBeFun View Post
I chose Usborne because I feel they are more "mainstream". They have also been around for a long time, and are a debt free, proven company.

They have great programs for schools/libraries/organizations, so I liked the fact that I can sell in those areas besides just direct customers. And the online ordering is great too.

That said- I own some Barefoot books- and they are great too!
Yes Barefoot is a good company too. Was with them for 3 years. I was wondering if you think Usborne could be a possible fit for me?
Old 01-28-2012, 02:44 AM
WAHM Addict

I'm a little biased- but I think it could be a good fit for anyone. With just 29.00 to join in Feb, no consultant sales minimums, and a huge catalog of books for all ages- I tell people "What do you have to lose?"

Have you looked at our books? I would take a peek at them online on any of our websites- or have someone send you a catalog. (I'd be happy to if you don't have a consultant) That way you can see what Usborne has to offer

Dawn Berkley, Supervisor ~ www.ReadingCanBeFun.com

Old 01-28-2012, 04:53 AM
WAHM Master

Usborne and Barefoot are very different. Barefoot offers beautiful books. They are a nitch publisher with amazing stories to share.

Usborne offers over 1400 books including Kane Miller titles (which are books from all over the world that are award winning). We have board books to young adult.

Our non fiction is awesome and used in classrooms and with homeschoolers. The fiction is a great range of children friendly topics from beginner reader to older. We also offer learning to read books.

We have activity and sticker books, activity and spotter cards, art books, dot to dot.

And all of our books can be incorporated to your schools core curriculum. We also offer bookfairs, fundraisers, grant programs, read a thons and other school/library service.O

Plus our rewards include things like cruises and ipads. And we have no debt.

And there are no quotas.

Hope that helps.

Debbie
Old 01-28-2012, 07:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingCanBeFun View Post
I'm a little biased- but I think it could be a good fit for anyone. With just 29.00 to join in Feb, no consultant sales minimums, and a huge catalog of books for all ages- I tell people "What do you have to lose?"

Have you looked at our books? I would take a peek at them online on any of our websites- or have someone send you a catalog. (I'd be happy to if you don't have a consultant) That way you can see what Usborne has to offer
I LOVE books myself. Always have. Another consultant on Facebook told me about the Feb special.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:37 PM
WAHM Master

You should drop her a message asking for more info. Ask her how to earn the Ipad. Its very doable with just 1 income producing event a week.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
business opportunitity, children books