Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Other Transcription Companies Hiring Now Like Rev

Hello everyone,

I just recently got hired by Rev.com. I like working for them but was wondering if there were other transcription companies hiring now worldwide. I reside outside of the United States.

Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-26-2013, 12:43 PM
WAHM Regular

congrats! I'm new to transcription, kind of getting my feet wet. Waiting for the day when my contact ends on my current job. How did you find out about the job opening at Rev.com?
there is a post on this board that lists the various companies that hire transcriptionists.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Other Transcription Companies Hiring Now Like Rev

Hi LilStickMom,

Thank you very much! I'm really happy that you've chosen this path. I'm sure you will love it. Well, I got to know about Rev through LinkedIn.com. I applied and they hired me within 48 hours. They were recruiting again at the beginning of this month. I'm not sure if they are. But, they also have a referral program where hired transcriptionists are allowed to refer people they think are qualified to work for them. I can refer you if interested. It's a free referral program. No strings attached. Another place where I've found clients is a site called Fiverr.com. You fill in a profile and say what you can do and the clients will reach out to you.

Just this week I launched my transcription blog and will be sharing tips and resources that I've found useful to me as a transcriber. http://transcription-hub.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps. Regards.

Last edited by TopServices; 06-28-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Make links clikable
Old 06-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Registered WAHM

Unhappy 6/30/2013, Rev.com is not hiring for the time being...

6/30/2013

I applied to Rev.com today and got this message after submitting my application:
"We have currently paused our hiring. We anticipate bringing on more new transcriptionists soon. Please be patient."

So anyone looking to work immediately should probably go to Amazon Mechanical Turk or CloudCrowd. Hopefully Rev will start back up again soon.

Good luck.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Registered WAHM

Default 7-1-2013 Reply from Rev.com

Got this email reply from Rev.com today:

"Thank you for your application and samples that you submitted for the transcriptionist position with Rev. Unfortunately we are not able to bring you on to the team at this time. We are grateful for your interest in Rev, and you can apply again in six months.

Thank you again for your time and interest. Best of luck to you.

Regards,

Rev Support Team"

FWIW, I worked hard on the samples and I have a BA in English. I think they were up to snuff. Just some info for those of you interested in this WAH site.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Rev.com is hiring again!

Hello Worknotworry,

I'm really sorry to hear that. That happens at times. But dont give up hope, I currently have an account with them and have been working for them since February of this year. They pay every Monday. Just last month I referred a friend and he was accepted too. Just got an update from Find Transcription Work that they are hiring again. This was posted on 2nd July 2013.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello. Good news. I received an email today from Rev.com. They would like to bring me on board as a transcriptionist in one to three weeks.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:28 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi guys!!
I need an account from Rev. Can someone please refer me to them? I've been trying for quite a while now? Please?
Thanks.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gioli View Post
Hi guys!!
I need an account from Rev. Can someone please refer me to them? I've been trying for quite a while now? Please?
Thanks.
Hi! Transcriptionists who work for rev.com can no longer refer other transcriptionists to them. You'll have to go to the rev.com site to apply and take the transcription test. That's what I did.

This ad will disappear if you login