Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Transcribeme jobs?

I have been with transcribe me for 2 weeks now and no jobs have come up yet. Last week it said give a week for system repair and this week says no jobs available. Has anyone been getting any work in the last 2 weeks?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Registered WAHM

I just signed up yesterday and I'm getting the same message. The welcome video clearly states that there will always be work available 24/7. hmmm.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Super WAHM

IMO too many people have signed up and there's not enough work to go around.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Super WAHM

I haven't been able to get a single file to transcribe...ever. I have been signed up for 3 weeks and no matter what time of day or night I log in, there's no files. I just read on Yammer though that someone was on their 300th file! How is that? Something's not right, or people know a secret that we aren't aware of. I do know they get posted New Zealand time, but that doesn't seem to matter if your logging in even at crazy hours and still no work. Too many transcribers, not enough work. Hang in there as they are supposed to be picking up more clients very soon.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello Everyone,
I do not have any personal experience with this but my friend is also facing the same problem, she signed up few days back but haven't received any file to transcribe. Every time she checks her account but did not receive any file. She was very excited when she was signing up her account but now she is finding it frustrating.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Registered WAHM

Hey guys, I work for TranscribeMe so I thought I'd jump in here with some current info. We are a young and growing company who pride ourselves on offering an awesome and easy workspace for transcribers and so far I think we're doing a solid job in that respect. What has happened, that we didn't predict, is that word of mouth talking about TranscribeMe bumped the number of transcribers on our system up from the tens into the thousands in just over a couple of months! It's been crazy wonderful for us but for you guys it has meant a lot of competition for work. We are looking to make you busier I promise. Hang in there with us cos we think you're great and we will balance this little ratio issue soon. Hope that helps and please don't hesitate to get in touch here or personally if you want to know more.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Ty all. Nice to get word of whats going on. I guess its about hanging on tight for a min.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Registered WAHM

@justmeuc - The person you mentioned being on their 300th file, I think that was me. I posted a message on Yammer stating that I was nearing the 300 mark.

I can't recall exactly how long ago I signed on with them but it has been over a month. When I first registered, there was a lot of work and I was staying busy with it when I wasn't doing work for other clients. It seemed like overnight the work just completely dropped off, probably because of the influx of transcribers who registered, and from then until present it has just been luck of the draw. I have an 8-5 job in addition to the transcription work I do, and there would be days I would come home from work and jump on TranscribeMe not expecting there to be anything and I would stay busy for the next hour or two. Like I said, thus far, its been pure luck!
Old 09-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemom22 View Post
I just signed up yesterday and I'm getting the same message. The welcome video clearly states that there will always be work available 24/7. hmmm.
There seems to be a lot of work in the early morning like from 2A.M.- 6A.M. You really have to keep checking though.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Registered WAHM

I joined TranscribeMe about 3 weeks ago and there is no jobs if I log in at night (9 PM EST-12 AM EST). I wish I could work...:c

This ad will disappear if you login