Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Mama Typist
Default Editing for AccuTran Global

Does anyone here do editing for AccuTran Global?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-18-2010, 03:41 PM
WAHM Regular

One of my good friends does. I might be able to answer some of your questions. I do transcription and scoping for them and will be trained for editing soon as well.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakzore View Post
One of my good friends does. I might be able to answer some of your questions. I do transcription and scoping for them and will be trained for editing soon as well.
Thanks for your response! I guess I'm just wondering what exactly is involved. Is it basically that an editor transcribes and then proofs their own work? Does an editor also proof other people's work? And do you have to have been working with the company for a while to be able to apply for an editor position?

Thanks again!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Typist View Post
Thanks for your response! I guess I'm just wondering what exactly is involved. Is it basically that an editor transcribes and then proofs their own work? Does an editor also proof other people's work? And do you have to have been working with the company for a while to be able to apply for an editor position?

Thanks again!
No, an editor does not transcribe their own work. They are editing other people's work. They also have to do much more research and formatting than transcriptionists do. For example, for each call a transcriptionist will be given a list of terms and names for that company to be used during the call. However, they will often use other terms and names that are not listed anyway. A transcriptionist is not responsible for looking up those other terms. An editor, on the other hand, will have to use Google or other research methods to find these terms and names. They also have to do more formatting for speakers, Q&A sections, and the like.

My friend was hired as an editor straight on, but I don't think that is very common. I have been with them a few months (since July) and they are planning to train me to edit after October, so if you are good you can move up fairly quickly.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakzore View Post
No, an editor does not transcribe their own work. They are editing other people's work. They also have to do much more research and formatting than transcriptionists do. For example, for each call a transcriptionist will be given a list of terms and names for that company to be used during the call. However, they will often use other terms and names that are not listed anyway. A transcriptionist is not responsible for looking up those other terms. An editor, on the other hand, will have to use Google or other research methods to find these terms and names. They also have to do more formatting for speakers, Q&A sections, and the like.

My friend was hired as an editor straight on, but I don't think that is very common. I have been with them a few months (since July) and they are planning to train me to edit after October, so if you are good you can move up fairly quickly.
That is very helpful! Thanks a bunch!

This ad will disappear if you login