Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Anyone work for Tigerfish?

How do you like it? And how steady is the work? I just got the email last week, and am working on my first file, due on Thursday
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 AM
WAHM Regular

I did, briefly. The work was pretty steady and they paid on time.

They let me go, which is apparently a not-uncommon occurrence so I didn't freak out about it. I think my lack of experience really showed at that point.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:43 AM
WAHM Regular

I am wondering this as well. I sent in my completed test about a week or so ago and haven't heard back anything yet. Anyone know anything else?
Old 06-19-2010, 06:32 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Anyone work for Tigerfish?

At tigerfish website you found a segment which you have to take a test with them and send the test back via email. The test consists of three sections, a focus group, a medical presentation and an art test. In all three cases, people will be talking and you have to type exactly what they say in the correct format. I appreciate this company because their directions are accurate and very clear. They tell you how to do everything step by step and they give you a sample also.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered WAHM

For those of you who work for Tigerfish, I'd like some advice.

I was contacted by a man from Tigerfish last week about a position with them. I responded the same morning and accepted the position, but he's apparently ignoring me now. I followed up at the end of the week, and still no response. I called and left a message this week to make sure that my email didn't go to his spam folder or something, and still nothing -- not even so much as an acknowledgement.

Is that normal for this company? Why offer a job and then completely ignore the responses? My family and friends are saying that it's obviously not a legitimate company, but it sounds from these forums that they are.

I guess I'm just frustrated that I got the perfect job offer, and now apparently they've changed their minds but won't bother to communicate that to me.

What do you think?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Super WAHM

These companies receive a lot of emails. They may not have one person dedicated to hiring. That person may have responsibilities such as allocating work to those already working. It is not reasonable to expect to receive a response immediately. Summer is also a time when many people go on vacation. There could be several legitimate reasons why you have yet to receive further instructions.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered WAHM

Yes, I guess you could be right. I've never worked for an online company before, so I've never experienced such a strange hiring process. When an email says "I'd like to hire you, let me know so I can send you some files so we can get moving" and then not a word for over a week, it's just odd to me. And then my friends and family got me all worried that perhaps my emails were going to his spam folder, but now he just probably thinks I'm too pushy.

/sigh. I hate job hunting.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Just to help put your mind at ease, Tigerfish is a legitimate company.

My experience with them when I worked with them for a few years is that they do prefer to get in touch with you when they want to rather than have you get in touch with them. I wouldn't worry too much about being too pushy at this point, but I'd probably not email them again for a couple of weeks, if you don't hear anything by then.

Good luck!

This ad will disappear if you login