Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sadie1Lady1

Quicktate and Call Graph are both great places to get a start in transcription. The pay is not that great but it is experience. They are both general transcription. You just need to have a good ear, good headphones, high speed internet access and type well.

For more info or referral info you can PM. HTH

Last edited by Sadie1Lady1; 10-02-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 01-23-2010, 12:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie1Lady1 View Post
Quicktate and Call Graph are both great places to get a start in transcription. The pay is not that great but it is experience. They are both general transcription. You just need to have a good ear, good headphones, high speed internet access and type 40 wpm for CG and 50 wpm for QT.

For more info or a referral you can PM or email me. HTH

Lee (Sadie1Lady)
Substitute Teacher/Bus Driver, Quicktate & Call Graph transcriber, ChaCha guide.
Ms. Sadie, may I ask where you got your information regarding the minimum wpm for CG and QT? I only transcribe for one of those, but I don't recall ever hearing about a minimum wpm requirement. Please receive this inquiry only as intended; I have no wish to ruffle any feathers. I've a genuine curiosity based on the fact that I don't think - although can't guarantee - I achieved the required speed when I tested a few months ago. Thank you.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to Animalhouse
Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesie View Post
If you are a fast typer, think you have a good ear, can follow instructions and have good computer skills.....

then email teesie@shaw.ca with your email address and I can refer you for a General Transcription position.
I thank you very much Teesie. I just emailed you my resume.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi318 View Post
Ms. Sadie, may I ask where you got your information regarding the minimum wpm for CG and QT? I only transcribe for one of those, but I don't recall ever hearing about a minimum wpm requirement. Please receive this inquiry only as intended; I have no wish to ruffle any feathers. I've a genuine curiosity based on the fact that I don't think - although can't guarantee - I achieved the required speed when I tested a few months ago. Thank you.
Hi Cyndi,

No ruffled feathers here. I researched it after I read your post and I can't find it anywhere on Call Graph although I do recall reading it somewhere. It looks like they may have updated their site. If that's the case then it's not there anymore. However it is possible also that I read it in another post somewhere. But I don't really think the wpm matters for Call Graph as long as you can get a file done within the 2 hour time limit.

As for Quicktate, their sign up page has this: "if you typed 50 words per minute" which is not actually a requirement. It is just a reference, but they do request you take a typing test.

So you are absolutely right and thank you for pointing out my erroneous information. I will change the information I share with people to not include a wpm number. I also edited my post above.

Thank you again.

Last edited by Sadie1Lady1; 10-02-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Beginning transcription jobs

It would all depend on your experience and work history to figure out you if you are really a beginner or not. For instance I have an extensive office /secretarial background and have been typing forever including typing for my bosses over the years. I never transcribed from dictation equipment before but I do consider myself experienced.

If you have no experience whatsoever but you can type, decipher words through a headset and have a pretty good grasp of English and grammar then Quicktate and Call Graph would be good places to start.

If you have office experience typing and/or actual transcription experience then you should be able to get on with companies like ANP, CallRevu, MWP & Terescription.

There are plenty of online transcription companies. Some hire beginners, some don't.

There are also other WAH jobs that are not transcription. I have a list of companies I put together in an e-mail for some fellow WAH people that just got a pay cut and anybody else that is looking to work from home. They range from question research to customer care representative to data entry to transcription to piece work. To the best of my knowledge, none of them require a fee or payment to join (I would never refer those types of companies). Some of them were sent to me by my fellow WAHers and I added them to the list. I do not work for all of them, just a couple of them.

If you would like to receive it, just send me an e-mail or PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

I am not doing this to get referrals, I'm just trying to help fellow WAH people, especially my co-IC'ers that just got a 33% pay cut.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Sadie1Lady1; 10-02-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered WAHM

Default new member requests assistance -- pretty please

Please give me a list of places where a beginner at-home transcriber with 20 years office experience can apply.

Lee Lapid @ ocean513beach@yahoo.com or at this forum. --- new member
Old 09-28-2011, 07:35 PM
WAHM Regular

I got my foot in the door on here actually Someone needed help with overflow. I sent them my resume and started there. Then I went on GURU.com and Odesk and made a profile and would bid for transcription work. On those website you just have to watch for the employers that want to pay next to nothing for good work. Guru is better than Odesk when it comes to fair pricing, in my opinion. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie1Lady1 View Post
It would all depend on your experience and work history to figure out you if you are really a beginner or not. For instance I have an extensive office /secretarial background and have been typing forever including typing for my bosses over the years. I never transcribed from dictation equipment before but I do consider myself experienced.

If you have no experience whatsoever but you can type, decipher words though a headset and have a pretty good grasp of English and grammar then Quicktate and Call Graph would be good places to start.

If you have office experience typing and/or actual transcription experience then you should be able to get on with companies like ANP, CallRevu, MWP & Terescription.

There are plenty of online transcription companies. Some hire beginners, some don't.

There are also other WAH jobs that are not transcription. I have a list of companies I put together in an e-mail for some fellow WAH people that just got a pay cut and anybody else that is looking to work from home. They range from question research to customer care representative to data entry to transcription to piece work. To the best of my knowledge, none of them require a fee or payment to join (I would never refer those types of companies). Some of them were sent to me by my fellow WAHers and I added them to the list. I do not work for all of them, just a couple of them.

If you would like to receive it, just send me an e-mail or PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

I am not doing this to get referrals, I'm just trying to help fellow WAH people, especially my co-IC'ers that just got a 33% pay cut.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:33 AM
WAHM Regular

To be Transcriptionists, you just need to be fast and accurate typists, but that is only one of the necessary skills. They also must have the ability to correctly hear what is being said and must have a good working knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.

This ad will disappear if you login