Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what you would charge for proofreading rates ?? (per page)

I apologize if this has been asked in an earlier post!

Thanks!

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Super WAHM

Check out Scopistssupportgroup.com. They have a FAQ section that addresses the going rate for scoping, proofreading and transcription. I don't know off the top of my head. HTH,
Lisa
Old 10-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Super WAHM

I generally bill $0.35/page for proofreading. Ihave heard of others thatcharge $0.35/page for depos, $0.25 for trial work.Turnaround times on proofreading are generally shorter than scoping- usually 2 business days.

HTH

There is a poll that was recently updatedon the site Lisa mentioned that has a lot of good info.Edited by: tjsmom
Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered WAHM

Just a quick note: Trial work is usually denser and harder to proof than depositions, so I see no reason for charging less for that.

Also, it's important to keep in mind what proofreading is, and is not. There is no need to haveCAT software to do proofing. People proof from a printed document. Some people like to proof on-screen, but keep in mind that the minute a single change is made in the document, it's *scoping,* not proofing. Also, "proofing" against audio is a horse of a different color, and if it truly is just proofing, not scoping, a much, much higher proofing rate applies.

Lines get dimmed between definitions of proofreading and scoping, and sometimes the act of dimming those lines is intentional, sad to say. We have to keep our *wit* about us in dealing with reporters!

This ad will disappear if you login