Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered WAHM

Default New Consultant

I am a new consultant with Thirty-One. I joined the beginning of March, just closed my first 2 parties on Monday, have my Open House Premiere party this weekend and another party 2 hours away next weekend and a catalog party closing on the 13th of April. I am very nervous I am not going to get the bookings I need. I finally received my business cards today, I have to order more mini catalogs because I have been handing them out everywhere.

They say to pick a why. My why is my daughter, she has a disability called Osteogenesis Imperfecta aka brittle bone disease, she is 9 years old and has had over 170 fractures, so I need to find something that will allow me to be available to her, while brining in some type of income too.

Sorry so long, thanks for listening and I am very open to suggestions and ideas.

Last edited by dmrinva; 03-29-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-29-2012, 11:07 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrinva View Post
I am a new consultant with Thirty-One. I joined the beginning of March, just closed my first 2 parties on Monday, have my Open House Premiere party this weekend and another party 2 hours away next weekend and a catalog party closing on the 13th of April. I am very nervous I am not going to get the bookings I need. I finally received my business cards today, I have to order more mini catalogs because I have been handing them out everywhere.

They say to pick a why. My why is my daughter, she has a disability called Osteogenesis Imperfecta aka brittle bone disease, she is 9 years old and has had over 170 fractures, so I need to find something that will allow me to be available to her, while brining in some type of income too.

Sorry so long, thanks for listening and I am very open to suggestions and ideas.
Welcome to THirty One! Sounds like you are off to a great start already!

As far as bookings go, for me, it is all about putting the benefits out there during your presentation by planting seeds. When you hold up something that is higher priced, you could say (like the Cindy Tote) "This is one of our higher priced items, but hostesses can get this for only $35!" You may not have a Cindy Tote yet but you could do that with your Expander tote that comes in the kit. It is $49 so after you showcase how it expands you could say "This is normally $49 but a Hostess can get this for only $25 bucks!" Don't do this for every item. Do it for one or two items. Your goal is to just put it in their head "Oh, hostesses get a good discount".

I know alot of people play booking games and have great luck with them. I don't because my personality is not one that could be nice if someone played the game to get a discount and then didn't follow through on a party.

HTH!
Leanne
Old 03-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered WAHM

I've been offering incentives for those who actually book a party at another persons party. People have liked when I've offered the an additional $15 to spend at their party. That way if they fall through you aren't out anything and you know at their party you are going to make way more than $15 and more contacts.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnof View Post
I've been offering incentives for those who actually book a party at another persons party. People have liked when I've offered the an additional $15 to spend at their party. That way if they fall through you aren't out anything and you know at their party you are going to make way more than $15 and more contacts.
Yes, I agree. I never give a discount before the party either. I know with some booking games it can be different. My point was that if someone played the game and got Book a Show and then said "I am not going to book a show", that would upset me.

My feeling is that I am just going to make an offer to the whole crowd if they want to book a show instead of making them draw, etc. I know many consultants that have great luck with them, for me, I just feel like I can get someone off the fence with an offer instead of making them draw for an offer.

Now one booking game that I do like is the OUT necklace game. If you arent familiar with that, you can go to one of the FB pages for Thirty One consultants and you can find it there. It is kind of drawn out to type it here. I think that one is pretty straight forward. If they want to book a show, they draw a necklace off of the hostess for the OUT of their choice. Each one has a different pattern so the first person to book gets their choice of pattern.

HTH
Leanne
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 PM
WAHM Regular

I just became acquainted with the company and products last weekend at a party. It sounds like an awesome company with great products. Can't wait to get mine! I wish you much success!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:09 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to akerr1117

Welcome to our amazing company! You are going to love it! Work with your sponsors on the best way to get bookings at your parties!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you all for your advice. My sponsor just signed up a month before I did and my director is in Maryland. Neither one really knows my area. I have found out recently that there are quite a few 31 consultants in my area, which had me a little discouraged. I have never been in direct sales before so the marketing thing is a big struggle for me.

My daughter has a disability and we are in and out of dr.'s and she does 3 days of treatments at the medical college of virginia every 4 months, so I was wondering any ideas on how to market for these events?

I did contact a friend today that is a home gold buyer and has tons of contacts, she wants to have a party YEAH, she wants us to do a gold buying/31 combo party and she is putting together a spring fling/bazaar with a scentsy rep and she added me to the list.

Also, a lady from my church contacted me today, she is a Mary Kay rep and she wants to get together to give me ideas and help me along the way.

Any advice I would gladly appreciate.

This ad will disappear if you login