Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Only 90day replacement policy - Thirty-One

I just went to two thirty-one parties and asked the consultant about a skirt purse I purchased a year and half ago and the handles was wearing down and small pieces were left on my arm where i carried my purse. She told me to call the 800 number which i did today. They only warranty the items have is for 90days and since i had already purchased 3skirts, i would just need to purchase another purse which are $45. I even noticed that the straps on the new skirt purses are different.
I am not sure if that is an adequate warranty on their product for the price that is paid on the items.
Rethinking purchasing anything additional from thirty-one.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to akerr1117

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your bag.

Many stores would not exchange a purse that has been used after 30 days - let alone 90 days - which is our warranty policy.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Awesome WAHM

I received a purse from my friend for my birthday (not a 31 purse - a very expensive purse from a boutique) and I had the same problem after 30 days....pieces of the handles were falling off on my arm. I tried to return it and they wouldn't do it after 30 days, so Angie, you are correct. No one would take a return after 30 days, let alone a year and a half??? I never heard of a return policy like that in my life!!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

It's certainly unusual to have a policy like that for bags. Of course, there are other products with longer satisfaction guarantees, but they don't typically have a seasonal nature or get the wear and tear a handbag does.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Awesome WAHM

I'm sorry you had problems with your bag. It does seem like a year and a 1/2 is a long time to use a bag and expect a return or replacement. Our return policy is on each receipt and also comes with your order as well.

I was curious about other purse return policies and thought I'd check out some of the more expensive bag return policies. Here's what I found out about Guc*i: A customer paid $1,308.00 for a bag and wanted to return it after after a few months. Although this isn't an official answer from the company, when she asked other customers they read from their receipts.." All sale items are final, All full-price items must be returned within 30 days, and on-line orders have to be returned within 10 days....So..if we have a better return policy than Guc*i....I'm ok with that.

Doon*y and B*rke used to have a life time repair policy a few years back. I'm not sure if they still do. Of course the bags cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars, but that might be what you're looking for.

I am truly sorry you are unhappy with our product....
www.facebook.com/1405827246347113
Old 09-28-2011, 10:45 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsey View Post
I just went to two thirty-one parties and asked the consultant about a skirt purse I purchased a year and half ago and the handles was wearing down and small pieces were left on my arm where i carried my purse. She told me to call the 800 number which i did today. They only warranty the items have is for 90days and since i had already purchased 3skirts, i would just need to purchase another purse which are $45. I even noticed that the straps on the new skirt purses are different.
I am not sure if that is an adequate warranty on their product for the price that is paid on the items.
Rethinking purchasing anything additional from thirty-one.
I can only ditto what others have said. I will say that I have used my skirt purse every day for a year and have had absolutely no problems with it. I would certainly never expect to use something a year and a half and think that I would be entitled to a brand new one. As to the price, I think $45 is a very fair price for a purse.

Certainly there are plenty of handbags that are way above that price as noted that don't have any warranty at all.

JMO
Old 10-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered WAHM

And I Ditto all of the above - a yr an ahalf is a long time to expect a 45.00 purse to be replaced ! hope u do find what u are looking for
Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered WAHM

I see it both ways. And as a hostess who just gave her first party and someone who is being recruited to be a consultant this is an interesting thread. I used some of my hostess rewards to get a free skirt purse and two extra skirts. I'm very excited. But looking at the skirt purse, I had the question about how well the handles of the purse would hold up. Yes, the purse body is only $45, but if you add in a couple of extra skirts and personalization, you would pay over a $100 w/ tax and shipping. If the purse body only lasts a year or so, then that's not a great deal. I'm surprised that everyone is acting like the original poster is unreasonable to think the same. And there is a company, Lands End, that sells similar totes (not a skirt purse) w/ personalization at a similar price point and offers an unconditional guarantee.

One thing I want to see before I host another party or consider being a consultant is how well the products hold up. I hosted during double rewards month and got $200 in free stuff plus two half price items so I'll have quite a variety of stuff to enjoy.

I agree with all the other posters that most stores won't take items back after 90 days either. But I thought some of the responses were kind of snarky which is regrettable.

Last edited by dballhome; 10-05-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Awesome WAHM

Just like a person's chemistry can effect the wear of jewelry, I believe it can also affect fabrics and such. If a handle is used on someone's shoulder touching other fabric it will last longer than when used against someone's skin/arm. There are a lot of variables: chemistry, oils, perfumes, lotions, sweat, etc. Because handles flaking off is not a common problem, I suspect it has to do with how purses are used...and what chemicals they come in contact with.
www.facebook.com/1405827246347113
Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to akerr1117

That is very true! Same goes for if you set your bag on the counter vs hanging it on the arm of the chair. It will all make a difference on the wear and tear on the bag.

This ad will disappear if you login