Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Anyone sell for Thirty One and something else?

The reason I ask is because I cannot stop thinking about joining Thirty One! The company sounds terrific, consultants seem very happy, and we all know that the products are so beautiful! ....But I'm already super happy with being a consultant for Scentsy. ugh! Since I was introduced to Thirty One and purchased some things, it has stayed in my mind. I think that it would be a nice compliment to my Scentsy business, but I don't want to get in over my head. My husband already said that I can join as my birthday present (this week) so I've got his okay. I don't know why I can't make up my mind one way or the other. I've already asked my consultant a million questions, so that is why I am posting here.... any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-05-2010, 05:26 AM
Super WAHM

Can't hurt joining and getting the enrollment kit and see where it takes you! I'm sure you could do it as a side-job and have a few parties here and there and then focus Scentsy at booths, fairs since you can do cash n carry with it and then do 31 PARTIES. KWIM? I love Scentsy too!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:12 AM
scbutterbeans

I believe there are quite few gals that are consultants for both Scentsy and Thirty-One. The only issue that you may have is if you promote into the management level. But my goodness, you sound so excited and energized by Thirty-One you may need to go for for it!!! And I have a feeling that you have already made your decision Good Luck and keep us posted!!

~Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
The reason I ask is because I cannot stop thinking about joining Thirty One! The company sounds terrific, consultants seem very happy, and we all know that the products are so beautiful! ....But I'm already super happy with being a consultant for Scentsy. ugh! Since I was introduced to Thirty One and purchased some things, it has stayed in my mind. I think that it would be a nice compliment to my Scentsy business, but I don't want to get in over my head. My husband already said that I can join as my birthday present (this week) so I've got his okay. I don't know why I can't make up my mind one way or the other. I've already asked my consultant a million questions, so that is why I am posting here.... any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:12 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to akerr1117

Marilynn,

I have several girls on my team that sell Thirty-One and something else - including several that sell Scentsy! Based on my conversations with them, I think they they they are great complimentary business and do not step on each other toes because the products are so different. It is defintiely do-able.

When I first joined Thirty-One, I also sold Lia Sophia and I was able to do so very easily. It really wasn't a big deal. Definitely worth giving it a try and seeing where it takes you!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 AM
WAHM Regular

Go for it!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:53 PM
WAHM Fanatic

She is right - you really have nothing to lose!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you all for your responses!! I'm pretty sure that I'll be joining y'all (my GA coming out) tomorrow. Its going to be my birthday present to myself!! Yay! ♥
Old 10-07-2010, 01:10 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Marilyn
I was on the same decision road as you are 8 months ago. I was a Director with Scentsy and chose to leave to go to Thirty One. But I have a big handful of girls that are with Scentsy & 31. 2 of them have achieved leadership with 31 in just the last 4 months. So they are as well looking to leave scentsy to put more into 31.

I will NEVER regret this decision....as it has been the best career move for me in my life! My wonderful team & success with Thirty One has been a HUGE blessing to my family & I.

I love the values, the team work, the support & the products. Its truly a FAMILY!

I say go for it! You wont regret it! put all you can into it...because it WILL pay off!

HTH Kahne
Old 10-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Thirty One and Scentsy

Hi ladies,

Just a few follow-up questions for those that shared that they are working 2 businesses, specifically 31 and Scentsy. I am wondering how and when you decide which business to work. 1. Say for instance you meet me at work, or out and about, which business would you decide to share with me and why? If you are online (website, FB, etc), which business do you promote? 3. If you are looking to do parties, especially home parties, again which company do you offer the potential hostess? 4. What about craftshows and vendor events? 5. What about fundraisers? 6. What about teambuilding? This one is a biggie to me. Last question . . Do you think that you are potentially shortchanging yourself out of sales or teambuilding by working both?

It does not appear that you can work both business equally, so which is the primary? I believe there is an opportunity to earn decent money off both, just by selling. I can see where 31 would work better with home parties, and probably teambuilding in the long run. It appears that you could do Scentsy with online orders and basket parties. Just curious to know how this is working for you. Thanks.

Last edited by Bling1; 10-11-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hey Brenda,

I no longer sell 2 things, but when I did I actually found it to be quite easy. I was worried about it initally but it all just kind of worked out. I sold jewelry and Thirty-One, but jewelry was what I sold primarily - at least to start. My intention was to have Thirty-One be secondary. The girls on my team that sell more than 1 thing - all have a primary and a secondary. I don't think that they would say they sell them equally. The may promote both specials, etc. but if someone was to inquire they would say they promote "x" first.

If I met someone out and about, I would decide which to present them to based on what I felt or deducted from conversations what their interests were. Were they wearing alot of jewelry or not? Then I would mention I sell jewelry or hey I sell Thirty-One. As for home parties, if I was doing an 31 party, then I would only be trying to get 31 bookings from that party and vice-versa, I do not mix. As for fundraisers, I am usually the one that was approached about doing the fundraiser so I would just do whichever that person asked for.

Vendor events alot of it would depend on the vendor event type, time and place and who the targeted demographic is. This time of year - with the holiday/gift giving season approaching - it would be all Thirty-One since we are about gifts and I would be pushing the idea of personalized gifts. If it was a women's spa expo and then I would be more inclined to do jewelry. That kind of thing.

As simplistic as it may sound, it just kind of worked out and I never really had to "chose" between the 2. The only reason I gave the jewelry up is because my Thirty-One business boomed right away and everyone wanted the product and I quickly grew a team because everyone LOVED Thirty-One. I just didn't have the time to do both.

This ad will disappear if you login