Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Gifts, Baskets, Home Goods and More > Thirty-One Gifts

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:24 PM
WAHM Regular

All these games sound so fun! I have only had 1 party so far, my own kick-off party and I did the purse game where you call out a letter and they find an item in their purse, etc. and did the dice game with a lot of success.
I was wondering what you all do for prizes for these games? I have a party Tuesday and don't know if I should do the same prizes I did at my party. For the purse game, I drew a name from the tickets and gave away a Silver Initial (I added it to the winner's order) and then drew a 2nd name for a little prize of cute tissues for their purse.
With the dice game, the win a prizes were little and someone won a $1 store candle. The grand prize I was going to give was a Thermal Tote, but no one got it. So what prizes do you all use and also what do you give for hostess gifts?
I am also doing a small vendor fair at the end of the month and wanted to do a drawing for a doorprize, what do you all suggest? I was thinking the small magazine basket?

Thanks!

Brittany
Book your show now or join my team for only $99!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Dice Game or Book and Look???
O.k. Need some more advice..I am doing my 2nd show on Tuesday and I am doing the purse game, but Don;t know what to do at end. I previously did the dice game at my party and it was successful, but don't know if I want to do it at this party. Should I try it again, or just do a book and look with easter eggs? Have any of you just done a book and look and what prizes do you give?

Thanks,

Brittany
Book your show now or join my team for only $99!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Super WAHM

both these games sound great, I have not heard of either one. could you please tell a bit about each one

diane
Old 03-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Super WAHM

and what do you give as a prize?

diane
Old 03-22-2009, 10:46 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to PhyllisONeill Send a message via Yahoo to PhyllisONeill

I just had a party yesterday and played the Purse Game and at the end I turned it into "Let's Make a Deal."

I had my Personality Bucket full of Easter grass, an Easter bunny, lots of small plastic Easter eggs and several large plastic Easter eggs.

What I did was, while playing the purse game, I had the Hostess hand out "cash" (31 cash I made on the computer) ... the person who ended up with the most 31 cash at the end of the game, got to choose a small Easter egg from the bucket first .. then I went to the next highest cash winner, etc. But they could NOT open the egg yet.

I told them that inside their small egg was a prize and one "zonk" (zonk, of course, meaning they didn't win anything); but they could choose to "Make a Deal" and trade their small egg in for a LARGE EGG which was the "Deal of the Day" ... they were guaranteed a prize ... but if they traded it in, they were agreeing to book their own Thirty-One party .... I got two bookings!! Of course, I was hoping for more but I'm not complaining one bit!! We all had a blast!!

The party I did last Thursday we played the purse game, too and I got two bookings from that playing the Deal or No Deal game. One of the ladies that ordered that night came over today to pick up her order (I was going to deliver it, but she was heading to the grocery store and said she would stop by) ... she went on and on at how much fun the party was ... it was her daughter-in-law who booked one of the parties that night - and the funny thing is, her DIL wasn't even AT the party!!! The lady had told her about it and she called ME to book!!

Okay, enough from me!!!

This ad will disappear if you login