Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Which is a better position - Lionbridge crowd worker or an assessor role

Hi

I am looking for a wee bit of help if possible. I have recently applied to lionbridge for an internet assessors post, ad assessor and web spelling assessor. These are all in the UK. They have replied to say they are no longer recruiting for the internet assessor and I have yet to hear back about the other two roles.

They have offered me the opportunity to apply for the intenet crowd worker position. I think this is a relatively new post in the uk and i cant find out much about it. I wondered if anyone is working as an internet crowd worker (or knows about this role) and could tell me a bit about how it works. I think it is different from the assessor type roles in that you get paid per task. I wondered how often tasks came along and are they of longer duration than those for the assessor posts. Or is it a case your hours per week/month would be much lower (and therefore overall pay) much lower in this type of post.

I ask because im assuming you cant do two positions for lionbridge at the same time and if this post typically produces tasks very infrequently then perhaps it would be better to wait until I hear back about the ad and web assessor (or the internet assessor posts become available again?. No idea which would be considered the 'better' job to try for and also the one that may generate a better income.

Also does anyone know if there is an exam for this position? Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by j30; 08-31-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile why dont you try it first

I guess nobody work for that position yet...
I also interested on some answer about that position also. LB might open the same job on my country ( I hope so )
May be you should try that and post here about it.. ()
after all you can always quit.

...waiting for another repply...
Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Registered WAHM

If I'm not mistaking crowd worker is based upon pay per task and the amount paid depends on the task you are working on. I'm current working on the speller opportunity and I love it! It's fairly easy...you just have to pay attention to details. Good luck.

Last edited by cej; 09-11-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: mispelled word
Old 04-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Registered WAHM

I am a crowd worker for lionbridge and I like it. $100 for 10 hours a week, I can work up to 20 hours, so up to $200 a week average
Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via ICQ to sunrise.rachel Send a message via AIM to sunrise.rachel Send a message via MSN to sunrise.rachel Send a message via Yahoo to sunrise.rachel Send a message via Skype™ to sunrise.rachel

The assessor role you will be able to make more money as you get get paid more per hour. However the crowd sourcing will be available now.

If you want a feel for crowd-sourcing look at MTurk or Clickworker. They are the same thing just a different format.

Crowd-sourcing, although I have done it is a little more like slave labor. You have a task and you get X amount (usually under $1 and significantly less for the ones that have a lot of HITS in my experience) per Hit and either you have to do it within a certain time or you still only get paid that amount even if it takes a lot longer.

So if you have a hit that pays 10 cents and it takes you 2 minutes to complete it... well you can do that math. It is worth it for a few extra dollars if you have the extra time. By no means can this be a main egg in the basket.

This ad will disappear if you login