Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Super WAHM

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after taking the second test. I finished yesterday and nothing yet. I wish it was automated like the first one. The wait is terrible.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111grl8 View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after taking the second test. I finished yesterday and nothing yet. I wish it was automated like the first one. The wait is terrible.
The email says we won't hear back on the second part until after the due date.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:34 AM
WAHM Regular

I just got my exam and study guide yesterday and it looks pretty overwhelming, 150 pages of information WOW. Does anyone have any study tips, like did you read a certain amount every night??? It just seems like a lot to have to remember....

Last edited by nicolevaughan16; 05-29-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagamble View Post
The email says we won't hear back on the second part until after the due date.
My due date was yesterday . I was just wondering have applicants been hearing back the day after or a while longer lately.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:12 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
My due date was yesterday . I was just wondering have applicants been hearing back the day after or a while longer lately.
I think I remember hearing that they would contact applicants no later than one week after the due date. My due date isn't until Thursday, so I have a while to wait yet. (I'd like to know when you do hear if no one else says anything, so I have a basis on how long I'll need to wait, if you don't mind letting us know.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolevaughan16 View Post
I just got my exam and study guide yesterday and it looks pretty overwhelming, 150 pages of information WOW. Does anyone have any study tips, like did you read a certain amount every night??? It just seems like to have to remember....
The manual size is intimidating, but after having read it, I can say that it's a manageable amount of information.

What I did:
- Read the manual (3 evenings is what I took to read it, I think).
- Take notes (I learn by writing, though, so this may not be necessary for many).
- Highlight the .pdf. (I only did this for a few things.)
- Keep .pdf open and frequently search it while testing (Ctrl+F).

I hope that helps. If I didn't remember the exact information, I remembered enough to find the relevant information in the guide.

Disclaimer: I haven't received word that I've passed the 2nd test, yet. I can only say that I felt very confident while taking the test.

Wish you luck on it.

------
EDIT: I did pass the second part (YES!!!). I also concur with what a later poster said: Look at the links in the .pdf. I didn't look at every single one, but I did look at a majority of them. Before the second part, go through several of the simulations; they are set up identical to your test and will give you a familiarity and practical hands-on practice.

Good luck!

Last edited by sagamble; 06-01-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: added to response... again.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Super WAHM

I failed the second test

The first email said I could not retake, then I got a second one that said I could. Weird.

Last edited by 1111grl8; 05-29-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagamble View Post
I think I remember hearing that they would contact applicants no later than one week after the due date. My due date isn't until Thursday, so I have a while to wait yet. (I'd like to know when you do hear if no one else says anything, so I have a basis on how long I'll need to wait, if you don't mind letting us know.)

The manual size is intimidating, but after having read it, I can say that it's a manageable amount of information.

What I did:
- Read the manual (3 evenings is what I took to read it, I think).
- Take notes (I learn by writing, though, so this may not be necessary for many).
- Highlight the .pdf. (I only did this for a few things.)
- Keep .pdf open and frequently search it while testing (Ctrl+F).

I hope that helps. If I didn't remember the exact information, I remembered enough to find the relevant information in the guide.

Disclaimer: I haven't received word that I've passed the 2nd test, yet. I can only say that I felt very confident while taking the test.

Wish you luck on it.
I did all those things as well. When I study, I study HARD. Probably abnormally hard. I still failed, but I can retake it. This job is so worth it to me so I definitely will give it another chance. I will do three times as many practice tasks this time. The thing is that the sims seemed to be easier than the test itself. I never ran into any instances of spam for example.

(I really hope I am not talking too much)

I would even consider hiring a seasoned worker to train me if I could afford that.

Last edited by 1111grl8; 05-29-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
I failed the second test

The first email said I could not retake, then I got a second one that said I could. Weird.
I failed it twice. First time was because I was intimidated and didn't finish the first part. Second time, I'm not sure how badly I failed but I did even when I had printed out the guidelines and read them carefully. I was just offered to take the test a third time. I have no idea why they tell you that you can't retake and then give you so many chances, but I'm grateful! Hopefully I pass this time! *crossing fingers*
Old 05-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Super WAHM

If you pass, that 150 manual is just the beginning. You will spend a lot of time reading because the things you do on the test are a basis for the work, but the work itself is nothing like the test. The actual work will have different formats.

It is absolutely legitimate. I have worked with Leapforce more than two years and been promoted.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted_eyeballs View Post
If you pass, that 150 manual is just the beginning. You will spend a lot of time reading because the things you do on the test are a basis for the work, but the work itself is nothing like the test. The actual work will have different formats.

It is absolutely legitimate. I have worked with Leapforce more than two years and been promoted.
That's ... interesting, but I am still willing to give it a go.

This ad will disappear if you login