Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Telecommuting Moms

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Super WAHM

Does anyone work for them - or know anything about them? http://www.nticentral.org/
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-01-2006, 05:26 AM

I believe theyhire people with disabilites, so they can work from home.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoWahm

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]Goodmorning,

Yes, you are correct. NTICentral *only* hires individuals who has a disability.

Best,

ChicagoWahm
Old 03-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Awesome WAHM

The applicant also needs a state rehab vocational rep. The companies they work with pay hourly, the taxes are taken out and you are required to work actual shifts.

Visit their website and check out the Merjer CSR job. They will be paying $7 for training and $9 afterwards.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi,

I just finished working with NTI. I worked for the IRS for 3 months. It is a challenging process, as there are many forms to fill out. Unfortunately the DVR has not proven to be of much help to most disabled folks, myself included, but by signing up with them, you do fulfill NTI's requirements. I suggest you give yourself plenty of time to get everything accomplished. It took me about2 months from the time I first found the site, to the time I was finally able to apply for the IRS position, then another two months or so,before I actually began working for the IRS/NTI. The next tax season begins around October, if you start now, you should be ready when they begin hiring for the training. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2006, 08:47 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Some people here have said that you don't have to be disabled if
you're bilingual. Also, you have to type 20 wpm which I don't [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Super WAHM

I'm bi-lingual - maybe I'll apply. What language do they prefer - Spanish?
Old 03-01-2006, 10:07 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes, they look for Spanish speaking folks. I assume, if you apply for the IRS position, you will only need to go through the background check, before you begin training in the fall. And of course, you have to show you are fluent in Spanish.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksearcher
Yes, they look for Spanish speaking folks. I assume, if you apply for the IRS position, you will only need to go through the background check, before you begin training in the fall. And of course, you have to show you are fluent in Spanish.

Hi,

I'm bilingual (Spanish) and I worked last year for NTI. You don't have to be disabled if you're bilingual. They do interview you in both English and Spanish (it's an easy interview), but you may have to wait a few months while they do your background check, etc.

I consider the IRS position a stressful one, especially if you're bilingual. If you don't mind the "big brother" treatment (they listen in and record you on the job, both the IRS and NTI does this), then it's fine for you.

Also, you won't get the promised 20 or more hours if you're a new agent.Older agents get priority hours, you work what's left over. I hardly ever worked over 3-4 hours a week, sometimes just 1 1/2 hour a week.

They're adding other positions also, and some don't even state if you have to be disabled. They just want you to be from a certain location (i.e. Chicago or Richmond, VA or Phoenix, AZ).

Rosie[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2006, 04:16 PM

Hi,

I don't mean to be condescending at all towards NTI, I do think the company in what it is trying to do in assisting the disabled to find secure telecommute positions are great. But my only gripe with NTI was the way they had initially did things with me in particular, I was a bit vexed by this, as I didn't think it was very professional how they handled the entire situation. It was for the Meijer call center job, and I was interviewed, (twice by NTI and Meijer), and passed both, and then later on about a day or so later was constantly pushed and prodded to make sure I get my system upgraded (at my own expense) mind you, but hey I figured not a problem, there are times when you do have to incur out of pocket expenses when working from home such as equipment, software at times, and things like this, if the company requires you to, so I did that and was told I had to get the noise cancelling headset, all of that. So, I even get as far as later on about two weeks later, being told I got the position and all, even received my offer letter in the mail, filled out several several forms, and was later told that my disability after being hired mind you and going through all of that, paying for my upgrade, unlimited long distance and headset, I was told I didn't qualify and couldn't begin working with them!![img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

I don't think that was handled right at all, first and foremost, wouldn't you ask a person, or find out something that critical ""early"" on in the hiring process, so that you can save both your time and the other person's time as well? If it is something that is mandated and depended upon being hired on, then I truly feel you would expect them to make sure you are qualified first, and that you do meet the requirements. They didn't send me a form until after all of that stating that there are two types of disabilities, both severe and non severe and that I was deemed non severe, and that I didn't qualify. I really feel that was ALL a HUGE waste of my time, I really could have already been looking at other things, rather than wasting time with them, and spending unncessary money at that. That was just my persona experience with them, that's all. It really p'd me off though.

This ad will disappear if you login