Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi everyone, first post here after much perusal.

Is it possible to be overqualified???

Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:20 AM
WAHM Regular

I do believe that was the case with me. Although I have good credentials in terms of my employment history, I also have customer service experience, which was cited on my resume. However, I had rewritten it so that these details stand out. Hopefully this will help me with other apps for wah employers!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Registered WAHM

Well, I applied with Teletech@home online. I took the computer assessment and my system failed because I have a wireless connection. Okay, no problem. I hard wired my cable modem to my computer, took the test again.. and failed. NOW, I apparently need a local router between my computer and the internet. I give up. I'm certainly not going to go out and buy a router that I don't need. *sigh* There are other reputable WAH companies to shoot for.

[edited to add: Okay, so, I'm not a quiter. I was able to find an old hard wired router.. hooked it up and passed the hardware test. Off to take to skills test.

Edited by: Damous
Old 02-26-2008, 05:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to lmustbe

I hear ya. Don't give up just yet.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:10 AM
WAHM Regular

I passed the match point skill tests and did the online info meeting yesterday. Today I had a phone interview, not sure how I did, they said they will let me know in 3 business days and then what the next step will be. There are lots of open ended questions they ask you just FYI. I was nervous, but hopefully I did OK. Good luck to those of you that have applied.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Has anyone experienced any technical difficulties during the test. I had the computer accidentally on mute when I first started and when it came to the part where you had to enter the information from the person speaking I totally freaked. Then when I finally was able to get the computer unmuted (Note: during the test you cannot minimize the page) then I couldn't get the volumn description on the left top corner of my screen to go away so I had to "assume" what was behind there. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Quick question: Does anyone know if you do some selling with Teletech or is it straight Customer service?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:40 AM
WAHM Regular

it is straight customer service! I didn't get hired. Got the email this morning after going all the way through the process nd through the phone interview. I feel I have wasted alot of time only to NOT get hired in the end. I wouldn't think a ohone answering job should be so hard to get. So I am disappointed! Hope the rest of you have better luck!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Has anyone started working for Teletech recently?
Old 07-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello,
I am new to the boards. I had applied for T T@home and had my test and am scheduled for an online interview. I was wondering what kinds of open ended questions they ask? I am really nervous and am usually NEVER nervous about interviews.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2008, 10:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to lmustbe

Well if Teletech does not work out for you, then I can hire you for a position with Autoferret.com helping people list there cars for sale.

lmustbe@aol.com

thanks
Jenny

This ad will disappear if you login