Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Question write score --

i've been sending apps and stuff out like crazy this week -- heard back from write score today, and they have added me to the training set to start in august.

anyone work for them? i've done a search on here, but didn't find any recent info.

would love to hear some feedback about working for them, and what i might be getting into,

thanks!

--d
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-12-2013, 12:42 PM
WAHM Regular

There are a few threads about this on the Work Place Like Home forums. You do have to be registered with the forums to view the threads, though.

Here are a few things that I learned from the threads:

- the pay depends on how fast you can score the essays. They are all hand-written, so it's not so easy. They say that the average pay is $8-$15 but my impression from people who had done it is that it's usually on the lower side.
- they require you to score something like 150 essays per day because they have a tight deadline from the schools they contract with (something like a 2 or 3 day turnaround time for all essays that need to be scored).
- THEY DON'T HIRE PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING AT OTHER JOBS. Sorry for the all caps on that :-). But I know that was a make or break point for me. They basically require people to be completely free of any other job to get $8 an hour for a short period of time (something like 6 months, I think).
- My understanding is that even if you pass the training, you still might not get a position. The message they give is that they're such a great company that they have lots of people who want to work for them and they have their pick.

Sorry for the negative spin on the comments. I just don't appreciate these kinds of companies that expect you to give up every egg you might have for crappy pay for a short period of time. They need to get over themselves and treat ICs with a little more respect.

Djuna
Old 07-12-2013, 04:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djunamod View Post
There are a few threads about this on the Work Place Like Home forums. You do have to be registered with the forums to view the threads, though.

Here are a few things that I learned from the threads:

- the pay depends on how fast you can score the essays. They are all hand-written, so it's not so easy. They say that the average pay is $8-$15 but my impression from people who had done it is that it's usually on the lower side.
- they require you to score something like 150 essays per day because they have a tight deadline from the schools they contract with (something like a 2 or 3 day turnaround time for all essays that need to be scored).
- THEY DON'T HIRE PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING AT OTHER JOBS. Sorry for the all caps on that :-). But I know that was a make or break point for me. They basically require people to be completely free of any other job to get $8 an hour for a short period of time (something like 6 months, I think).
- My understanding is that even if you pass the training, you still might not get a position. The message they give is that they're such a great company that they have lots of people who want to work for them and they have their pick.

Sorry for the negative spin on the comments. I just don't appreciate these kinds of companies that expect you to give up every egg you might have for crappy pay for a short period of time. They need to get over themselves and treat ICs with a little more respect.

Djuna

thanks djuna --

don't apologize for the negative spin - i kinda got an odd feeling from them from the video they sent before hand. at this point, i need something - lost the only egg i had -- was working with ABH -- was a good steady paycheck - so, need to find something. this may not be what i take on -- but at least it's an option if i get through all the hoops until something else comes along. sigh -

--d
Old 07-23-2013, 02:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Why do they care if you are working another PT at home job? As long as that job doesn't interfere with the essays they need you to score I cant imagine that it would be a problem or that they would even know, right?
Old 07-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Grand WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcmommy4 View Post
Why do they care if you are working another PT at home job? As long as that job doesn't interfere with the essays they need you to score I cant imagine that it would be a problem or that they would even know, right?
I agree. If you can get the job done, it shouldn't matter. A lot of us have multiple "eggs" (sources of income).

Good luck blueyes1012. Hope it goes well for you.

This ad will disappear if you login