Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Lionbridge Web Content Assessor

Yesterday, I applied for a job as an Internet Crowd 'worker with Lionbridge. Surprisingly, I received an email back from them this morning saying that they thought I would be better suited to the role of Web Content Assessor, which consists of rating keywords and search term combinations, which is great. Thing is, I already work for Leapforce but in a different type of role, as a Search Engine Evaluator, which doesn't look at keywords or search terms. I believe that Web Content Assessor is similar to an Ads Quality Rater, such as with Workforce Logic/Google. At any rate, is it a conflict of interest to work for both of these companies at the same time, even if the roles are different? Just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Yes it is.

Yes my dear it is a conflict of interest.! Please do not jeopardize your current position! Working for both companies at one time no matter what capacity is a no-no.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Super WAHM

Web Content Assessor is doing what you do at LF for the Other Search Engine. If either sniff out that you're working the other, it's bloody.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Awesome WAHM

I kind of figured that was the case. Weird thing is, on the WPLH boards, someone else was asking if they could do LF and some new position with LB called Internet Crowdsourcer, at the same time and they were told that since they were totally different positions that it would probably be fine. Well, guess that was wrong. Also, does LB pay once a month like LF does? Wish there was a company out there that paid at least every two weeks. oh well.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Super WAHM

The Crowdsourcing is totally different. It's more like mturk than like the rater jobs.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Default how is leapforce ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamb27 View Post
Yesterday, I applied for a job as an Internet Crowd 'worker with Lionbridge. Surprisingly, I received an email back from them this morning saying that they thought I would be better suited to the role of Web Content Assessor, which consists of rating keywords and search term combinations, which is great. Thing is, I already work for Leapforce but in a different type of role, as a Search Engine Evaluator, which doesn't look at keywords or search terms. I believe that Web Content Assessor is similar to an Ads Quality Rater, such as with Workforce Logic/Google. At any rate, is it a conflict of interest to work for both of these companies at the same time, even if the roles are different? Just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. Thanks.
I believe that you are US worker (CMIIW), Did leapforce ask you about SSN, tx form etc ?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Default so what about the payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted_eyeballs View Post
The Crowdsourcing is totally different. It's more like mturk than like the rater jobs.
I have never experienced amazon job before, please share.. if it doesnt violated any rules
What about crodwsourcing payment ? is it worthed ?

This ad will disappear if you login