Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-29-2006, 08:15 PM
WAHM Regular

I may be just too skeptical at this point, but I have to say that something is just not right with this website/company. The first few posts of this thread are pushing this company a little too much. It doesn't sit well with me for some reason. I would say proceed with caution as with anything.

And this just doesn't make much sense:

"After the first 100 hours, we mutually explore your unique talents and abilities and the needs of Lifebushido ventures to determine the best work to keep you intellectually interested and engage your creativity."

Huh?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 05-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Super WAHM

I know what you mean. A lot of us have kind of been put through the mill with some companies.

But we wahms are optimists at heart and if Lifebushido is sincere what a place to work for eh?

Of course we'll all proceed with caution as usual. If it's legit cooool, if not we just pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, start all over again....

Old 05-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Registered WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to LMBrigance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeny1
Actually bushido is some kind of Japanese fantasy role-playing game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeny1
You know bushido sounds a little like he's playing with words.
According to Miriam Webster Dictionary Online (http://www.m-w.com), the term bushido</span> is defined as: a feudal-military Japanese code of behavior valuing honor above life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissabee
"After the first 100 hours, we
mutually explore your unique talents and abilities and the needs of
Lifebushido ventures to determine the best work to keep you
intellectually interested and engage your creativity."
I would assume that is his highly jargonized version of Mrs. Cheryl's "Do What You Love And The Money Will Follow". The only difference being they are trying to help you figure out what it is you love to do best out of the many avenues they offer for SAHM's and figure out how to incorporate that into thier staffing needs. Sorta. I dunno. Could be wrong. That's my interpretation of that statement upon review of the materials I have been sent today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklady
</font>
Yeah I checked this out a couple months ago and all i was receiving was
newsletter types explaining different aspects of the company , they say
that they will invite you to apply but i havn't received anything yet ,
so I'm not to sure butI will definitley let everyone know if i hear
anything . [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
You might want to re-review the materials they sent you or resend to the employment e-mail site and try to start over. I got step by step instructions, via actually reading all the materials in depth, and it was the first thing that was sent to me. Mr. Kantor's autoresponder e-mail does state that if a application, in full, is not submitted within one week of receving application "packet" your name and contact information is removed from the database.

That's just my two pennies worth of conversation.

LMB.
</font>
------------------------------------------------------ -----------

Alright, I sent an e-mail to the employment e-mail box, which IS an autoresponder. I was sent the following items as an attachment which was scaned and sent through viral detectors and all came up clean. They are as follows:

1. FAQ's on Business and SAHM Position(s)
2. Lifebushido - Overview
3. Application Process for Lifebushido.

I'm not going to go in depth here because understand most of what Mr. Kantor is trying to achieve by doing it this way and if I share too much it will defeat the purpose he's trying to achieve. I *think* Mr. Kantor is trying to see who can follow written directions, get a sample of your vocabulary and grammatical skills by having you answer some questions in "essay" form, and probably a few other "tests" I haven't caught onto yet. You have to read all materials thouroughly and most of my questions have been answered by the materials, not all... have to write him again for a couple of questions not answered. But I am going to submit my application essay tonight and will update everyone when I get a response.

Ever The Optomist,

Leslie M. Brigance
consignment_junkie@yahoo.com
Old 05-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Super WAHM

Well from the looks of it, Leslie, you'll pass the essay questions with flying colors[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img] Good luck and we'll be looking forward to your updates.

I sent my cover letter and resume to the email address posted on the web's Job page. You mentioned that you woke up to a response from Mr. Kantor. Hopefully, I'll get one tomorrow.

As I mentioned, if the company is sincere about the"After the first 100 hours, we mutually explore your unique talents and abilities and the needs of Lifebushido ventures to determine the best work to keep you intellectually interested and engage your creativity." statement,it would be a amazing company to work for. However, if Mr.Kantor is looking for writers, I might have a problem. It's been years (and I mean years) since I'vehad to write an essay.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

We'll just have to see...

Old 05-30-2006, 08:06 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm a little disappointed. I sent in my application the other day and I haven't heard anything yet. All I am getting is emails about the company. Maybe he is overwhelmed with applications and it might take him awhile to get to me. I guess I will still keep my fingers crossed. I need a job!!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via MSN to dbernal Send a message via Yahoo to dbernal

I am glad to finally see some other posts on this company...I too have been contacted by the owner and I have searched every where trying to come up with something on this company and nothing has yet. I have been invited to fill out the application also. I have just not been sure if this is a total legit company....so I am glad to see others who are feeling the same as myself...Guess I will fill it out and see what is to come...the thing I don't like is his email is a gmail acct. which just doesn't make sense to me.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 PM
WAHM Regular

I've read the posts here and checked out the website and I have one question:

What exactly IS this job? [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Sheri

Old 05-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Registered WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to LMBrigance

Here is the process, in general steps so as not to defeat the purpose of the application process, I had to follow to get as far as I have. I will be posting my update as promisted after this.

Make sure your are following these steps, IN THIS ORDER, and all of your questions will be answered. It is not enough</span> just to submit your resume/cover letters/etc.

Step 1 - Go to http://www.lifebushido.com and get familiar with the company's website. Really "explore" the site as some of your questions will be answered there.

Step 2 - Write to Mr. Kantor using steve.kantor@gmail.com</span> with any questions, concerns, comments, etc.</span> Do not submit your resume, cover letters, etc. at this time. He was very good with returning my points of contact and addressing my concerns within 24 hours or less.

Step 3 - After speaking with Mr. Kantor, if you feel comfortable with sending your resume and/or cover letters, send them in the BODY of the e-mail (not an attachment) to lifebushido-job@aweber.com</span>. </span>This is an autoresponder</span>.

Step 4 - Confirm subscription using the link provided. It is done this way to prevent spam. Upon confirmation a follow up e-mail from the autoresponder titled "Welcome to LifeBushido - USA Job Application".

Step 5 - Download the two attachments, "FAQs on Business" (PDF format) and "Application Process for Life Bushido" (.doc format). ALL</span> of you questions about the position, the company, job requirements, pay, etc. are answered by these two files but you have to READ them from start to finish.

Step 6 - If you decide to apply for this company, follow the steps outlined in the documents you just downloaded. The application process is described and instructions given on how to submit, what to submit, etc.

UPDATE: I sent in my formal application last night and got a response this a.m. from Mr. Kantor stating that he will be in contact with me regarding my application within one week after a review process. *Crosses her fingers for good news*.

For those of you who wanted more information on the company, here is what I have gathered so far from the autoresponder, my interpretation of materials sent to me, and some general information I found using some of my online research sites:

President: Mr. Steve Kantor
Company: Lifebushido
Address: 7706 Old Chester Road - Bethesda, MD. - 20817

The information above I got from reading everything sent to me via the autoresponder. There are some new U.S. law(s) that state all internet companies must list a physical address (and in some cases, contact phone number) when using an auto-responder or sending company related e-mails.

As for the company itself, I went to http://www.whois.net and did a domain search on www.lifebushido.com and got alot of information. I can't repost what I found because it's against T.O.S. for WhoIs, you will have to do the search for yourself to find what I found.

Here are the BBB websites I used when I look up companies. I haven't found anything one way or the other via the BBB. Nothing negative or positive.

http://www.consumeraction.gov/bbb.shtml
http://search.bbb.org

Another good research too is "reverse". Do a google/yahoo/lycos/etc. search for "reverse (insert term here)". In other words, if you have a phone number but no address, you can do a reverse search to find out what, if any address is attached to that number. There are dozens upon dozens of sites out there that offer reverse services for free such as http://www.411.com. You just have to find them, try them, and find out which site(s) you like best. Examples of possible reverse terms are: reverse phone, reverse address, and reverse e-mail. There are more but those are the three I use most.

This is just a couple research tools I thought I would share for those who don't already know them.

Hope this helps,

Leslie M. Brigance
consignment_junkie@yahoo.com
Old 05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Leslie, have you found out if you got hired yet? I haven't heard back.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Super WAHM

Hi mymymy,

Don't feel bad or sad. Just keep on moving on there are 100's of places to apply for wahj. Take it from me I've applied to almost that many. You won't hear from the majority of them right away and some not at all. Absolutely do not sit and wait for one place to answer you. If I don't hear from a company, I figure it wasn't a good fit and wouldn't have been a good place for me to work (and that's ok). I just keep looking for other opportunities.

You will eventually find a job and the job will find you. A lot of times it is just a matter of timing, not a lack of anything on your part.So turn that into a [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]We're pushin for ya!

This ad will disappear if you login