Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered WAHM

Default RockMount Management

Has anyone heard of this company, I recevied two emails today, to me sounds too good to be true
The first email
Thank you for applying with us.

After review we have found that you are pre-selected to receive high salary positions.

The approximate salary for available positions range from $37.77 - $57.62 per hour.
Prior to being considered, you will first need you to finish our screening process.
Click the link below to begin:

http://digg.com/u1W9is

The following extras are potentially available:

PTO - Paid Time Off
Health Benefits
Higher than average salaries
Paid Education
Extensive 401(k) Retirement Package

Please take the time to follow the directions and complete the entire application process.

Yours sincerely,

RockMount Management

P.S. - As our communication with you will mostly be by email, please ensure that you check your emails frequently

the second email
We recently tried emailing you but our system indicated you may not have received the message so here it is again.

Thank you for your application.

If you have not pulled your latest credit score you can do so here

==> http://rockgradereview.com/score

Here is the final step if you did not read it:

Final Step to View Positions (Highly Recommended):

Because you will potentially be working in an environment with sensitive information, we highly recommend that all applicants obtain a standard credit check, as most positions will require this. It is extremely important for you to be proactive with your credit and aware of what is on your credit before interviewing for any type of employment.

There is no charge for the actual credit check and it will not negatively effect your credit. The check is done through a 3rd party and our company does not have access to it.

Important Note: Even though you may be asked to supply it for the credit check, our company will never ask for your social security number of any sensitive information without your written consent.

If you have not pulled your credit within the last 30 days, get it instantly by Clicking Here (will open in a new window).

==> http://rockgradereview.com/score

After you have completed the credit check, please send an email to: complete@rockgradereview.com Title Your Email: "Application/Credit Check Complete" and simply include your name in the body of the email.

You will then be provided with an email that will give you instant access to view the opportunities.

Thank you,
Chris Hayward
RockGrade Management LLC.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-14-2011, 08:27 AM
WAHM Regular

My question I am thinking in my head is "Why would I have to check My credit score through Their link? Couldn't I just check it at one of the credit score companies or through my own bank?"

What would happen if you just sent an 'aplication/credit check complete' email to them without clicking their link? And check your credit score through a site you trust (so you can send them info with your SS# blacked out if they really need it)?

You know, I never really understood what a credit rating has to do with employment - especially since 2008 when everyone's credit went into the toilet - including members of Congress.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi jscheff,

I am new to this forum which I found while researching this kind of email that I received also.

Here's what I know from my activity ... I have not applied nor searched any online job opportunities in quite a while, so that is not what triggered this on my end ... how about yours?

Additionally, I do have a couple of old (years) resumes online in places such as monster.com, etc. that I haven't updated in years, so with no activity there, I don't see how one of them could have triggered this.

I did sign up for a Purina Mills program yesterday, so that may have triggered this, or I recently switched from DSL to Uverse with AT&T which may have triggered this.

My guess is that this is a phishing email as you can see it doesn't refer to any of your skills with any specificity.

My recommendation: delete it or quarantine it and watch your security ... maybe go through a round of changing passwords for your email and online accounts.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Looking for a position?

I am a supervisor looking for employees for a legitmate work at home company. We have full benefits, paid training, NO fees, no credit check, it's very simple and easy. If you want to apply I can have a recruiter pull your app and interview you today send your name and state you live in so I can send you the appropriate link to apply to nycgirl10128@gmail.com
Old 10-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Awesome WAHM

Most companies that require a credit check through a third party send you a waiver and a copy of your application is included then sent to the third by the company doing the hiring.
There are few companies that request that you provide your own credit report when applying. However, nobody performs the credit check before an interview. Even in person applications and interviews hold off doing the credit check until they decide whether or not they want to hire you. The process is simply to expensive to perform one on every person that applies.

If you think that the company is legit then speak to a live person before releasing any information and then do so via fax, mail (registered), in person, or on the phone, not through a third party. My opinion... just receiving that kind of email makes them questionable.

I also believe that credit checks are pointless. Nobody has decent credit anymore. Some states do ban credit checks based on the job. If the job has nothing to do with cash handling, securities, performing background checks, or things along those lines companies have been prohibited to do credit checks. Check with your state and they state that the company is located in. There may be rules against them checking your credit which is why they are trying to do to an end run.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered WAHM

Red face RockMount Management

Hi - I received the same email about employment. I actually clicked on the link & filled out the info to see what would happen, but this is the message I got:
This sign-up form is not available. Please contact this site's Webmaster for assistance.

I'm pretty sure this is just another scam - there are so many out there! Please be aware of Economic Freedom - now going by the name of MyChoice Business Services,Fidelity Merchant Solutions,Merchant Freedom Network, Higher Impact... I'm sure there are many more. If you know of companies who are scamming others - please post it on ripoff report, go to the Attorney General's Office, the Federal Trade Commission and the BBB. It is VITAL that these companies get reported. If we do nothing - then they get by with taking millions from consumers - just trying to make extra income or make a living. It is also very important to go back to your credit card company and request a CHARGE BACK.

CletaB
Old 10-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Super WAHM

I would definitely stay away from this job! I have been working from home for 4 years and one thing I have learned is that if an oppurtunity seems to good to be true than it is. The pay range is way too high, that is a HUGE red flag.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Super WAHM

This is a sort-of scam by affiliates for those free credit report sites to get people to sign up so they get the $10-20 affiliate commission. There is no job. The legit credit report companies that offer the monitoring are aware of it, and you can report them and they'll be able to disable their affiliate status. This has been going on for a while now - mostly on job ads posted on Craig's List and Career Builder. Most times you *do* get your credit report from a legit source but end up with a monthly fee for credit monitoring (if you don't read the fine print before you just click submit).
Old 10-17-2011, 01:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to marrow
Default scam

I received the same email and when I tried to leave the page a box popped exclaiming that there were only 8 positions left. Stay far away from this sort of thing.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:50 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to kdhiggs05 Send a message via Yahoo to kdhiggs05
Default work at home

I sent you an email!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmom10128 View Post
I am a supervisor looking for employees for a legitmate work at home company. We have full benefits, paid training, NO fees, no credit check, it's very simple and easy. If you want to apply I can have a recruiter pull your app and interview you today send your name and state you live in so I can send you the appropriate link to apply to nycgirl10128@gmail.com

This ad will disappear if you login