Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered WAHM

Exclamation Live Chat Representative Jobs???

Hi,
I ve been looking for WAHJ for a while now and I havent gotten any responses. Now I recently spoke to my cable provider Comcast on an online chat. Now where would I find legit job listings for those type of jobs? I know many companies offer live chat and I feel that I would make a good candidate. I just don't know where to look. Can someone please help me
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Grand WAHM

You may want to check on the company's website itself for employment opportunities. A lot of times, companies post available positions in an employment section.

I've also gotten help via chat for my computer and printer before, so it may be an area to check out. I'm not sure if there's anyplace that lists all work at home chat positions that are available. But doing a google search may help too.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered WAHM

Dina,

Did you ever find any of those virtual online chats? I have been looking for those too... but I feel like they have been outsourced.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to kdbbiz

It all depends on the company I think. I used to do tech support for Hewlett Packard. That was not an at home job. Everyone they hired worked in a call center and we traded shifts 24-7. There was also a department that was outsourced to India and they would work a lot of the late night shifts, and weekends.

It would be nice though. I wish I could find an at home email support job.
The V.A. Industry is expected to be a $130 Million Industry in the next few years! Grab my free report and learn how you can get started with your own business. Bonus WP Profitable Posts software included to help you make more money.
Quick Tips for How to Become a Virtual Assistant
Old 11-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Registered WAHM

Talking WAH Online Chat Jobs are there

Hello,

Yes, those jobs do exist. I recently worked as an At-Home chat representative through talk2rep dot com Call Centers. The group there are all friendly and positive, and are great to work with. The only downside is that it is a commission-only job. The sales are easy to make; however, if you do not average at least one sale per hour, you do not get paid. However, if you do make one sale per hour on up, you can make anywhere between $7.00/hour - $17.00 per hour.
They start you out on one chat at a time, then as your proficiency with that shows, they move you up to two chats at a time, then three at a time. My best proficiency was with two chats at a time. However, since I was doing so well, they moved me up to three, and that's when I ended up working for two weeks for free. Since I am the only working member of a family of four, I was not able to afford the risk that entailed, but for those of you out there with enough monthly income or sales/typing skills to afford it, go for it. It's a fun job.
Aside from that, there are plenty of other chat jobs (and other wah jobs) to be found at virtualassistantjobs dot com. They are free to join, and there are hundreds of real jobs there. However, don't expect an immediate response to a lot of them. I have been applying to about 10 jobs a day on there for the past 3 days, and haven't heard anything yet. But that is because the competition for these jobs is fierce.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Oh yeah, and I also just found another one called contractxchange dot com. Check it out.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Victoria.D Send a message via Skype™ to Victoria.D

You'll notice that in most of those chat windows, it says LivePerson. They are the largest provider, but I understand it's very hard to get on with them. Many companies provide for their own chat customer service within their internalized call centers.

There's a possibility that the typical CS providers, like West, LiveOps, etc., offer these jobs too, but you'd likely have to start out on the phone before being moved to a chat position. Don't quote me on which CS companies may offer chat though as I'm not in the know on that.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:42 PM
WAHM Regular

I worked as a live chat operator (telecommute and Non-telecommute) with both of these positions I had worked off the phones first. Always seemed like the two were linked together. Although I always did prefer live chat you have to always give something to get something or so it seems. If anyone else has info on just Live Chat Op I would like to hear about it.

Also I wish you luck in finding a position in this field.. Good luck
Old 05-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Registered WAHM

Wink At home work companies...

There are couple legit at home companies. Here are some links to go to:
Sykes:
https://www.alpineaccess.com/index.php/

West:
West at Home

Textbroker
Unique content - Textbroker.com
(this company is for extra money, and would take a while to make a good pay check with... in reality)

NEW
https://www.newcorp.com/index.php/ca...ome_based_ccr/

1-800Flowers
Employment Opportunities at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM

This next link is just a collaboration of legit at-home jobs. Some take a while and are more "extra" money not a supportive income. The first links I listed tend to be good paying companies contracted out to real companies like AARP, Allstate, and Sprint.
Good luck...

Amber
Old 01-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Lightbulb Arise

I worked as a LiveChat operator for Arise for AT&T, it is a great opportunity if you can work at least 20hours a week and you must work at least 3 hours on the weekends. Check it out to see if there are any openings, Home | Arise Virtual Solutions
Old 01-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie917 View Post
I worked as a LiveChat operator for Arise for AT&T, it is a great opportunity if you can work at least 20hours a week and you must work at least 3 hours on the weekends. Check it out to see if there are any openings, Home | Arise Virtual Solutions
Their site says that they offer a business opportunity, and not employment.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
chat jobs, chat support, live chat, live chat operator