Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Default need to make $100.00 a week

What is the best way possible to do this? I do not mind phone work, but don't want to sell stuff.
I have applied to many writing web sites (about.com, examiner.com, ect), but have been rejecting (surprisingly since I have a Journalism degree). Right now, I do ChaCha, Quicktate, KGB, Amazon M. Turk and Cloudcrowd, but don't work enough for them to know if I could really make good money with them...I might make 1.00 from each a week...
So, on personal experiences, what do you think would be the best option for me? Should I continue to search, or focus my efforts on something I am already doing?
Any help is appreciated. I am going from working full time to part time, so I will be home everyday at lunch. But, I have 3 small boys, so that makes it hard to focus a lot of time....
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 11-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Grand WAHM

There are many of us making well more than $100 a week. What's best for you really depends on your skills and past experiences, I think. There are a ton of work at home job postings in this section of the forum and new ones posted every day. Customer service related positions seem to be the ones I see the most.

Best of luck and hope you find something very soon.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hey Rachallen Rest assured that your goal is doable. This is actually my goal as well, but I broke it down into baby steps (200 in Oct, 300 in Nov, 400 in Dec) and am tracking my progress in my blog. All the sites I use are listed there as well.

You may want to consider throwing Wanelo, IMShopping, and a few survey and GPT companies into the mix. Those can do a lot to help you along on your goal.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 PM
WAHM Regular

I would suggest focusing more on ChaCha and KGB. If you really get the hang of it you can make $100 easily.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Super WAHM

You might want to apply to TextBroker. They're easy to get on with and there are usually lots of jobs paying $0.01 a word. I think $100 a week with them is completely doable. I average about $500 a month with TextBroker.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Awesome WAHM

If you are able to track all the ''eggs'', consider looking ad modern surrender's blog. She is combining more than a few little things and will no doubt exceed her income goal for this month as far as I'm concerned. Some of it ptc sites, but blogging is also a great way to earn money and seems to earn a variety of money.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Awesome WAHM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestillaqt View Post
If you are able to track all the ''eggs'', consider looking ad modern surrender's blog. She is combining more than a few little things and will no doubt exceed her income goal for this month as far as I'm concerned. Some of it ptc sites, but blogging is also a great way to earn money and seems to earn a variety of money.
*blush*

I do have a lot of little eggs on there and I've gotten tons of positive feedback. Mestillaqt is right - I do have a few gpts on there and the money from them takes a while to accumulate but I figure every bit counts and they have low time requirements anyways I try to keep a wide variety of options on my blog and I'm always adding to it lol

JL is right as well, TextBroker seems like a solid way to earn money. I personally am finding that it takes a lot more work to do the articles than I expected, and that they can be in low stock, but they are quite responsive. I was accepted and my first article was paid out, all in less than 24 hours. The pay is kind of low, especially if you have to put a lot of time into researching the topic BUT I'm doing my best to keep my eye on the end goal instead of focusing on the individual task so that I don't brush off a decent egg.

I don't have exp with ChaCha or KGB (training on KGB still) but if you check the quicktate and kgb folders you'll find some threads that might help, and some threads that mention chacha a bit as well.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Between ChaCha and KGB you should easily be able to make $100 week. I just do ChaCha and make $900.00 a month. I do work a lot of hours, but to just make $100 a week should be pretty easy.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:51 AM
WAHM Fanatic

This is all very good advise. Members here are very generous and supportive. I also agree that your goal is very reachable. You've been given some wonderful tips to make that possible.

Wishing you success

Annie
Old 11-04-2009, 08:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineV View Post
Between ChaCha and KGB you should easily be able to make $100 week. I just do ChaCha and make $900.00 a month. I do work a lot of hours, but to just make $100 a week should be pretty easy.

I have been thinking about getting on with ChaCha. How many hours do you have to put in to make $900 a month?

This ad will disappear if you login