Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 AM
WAHM Regular

Just wondering if anyone is working as a transcriber for cha cha... I got an invite , and I def. interested .... but before I take the test I wanted to get some input if anyone has any...
Thank you!

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-02-2008, 04:30 AM
Super WAHM

I work as a transcriber - there isn't as much money in it - only .04 per transcription. But it's easy work.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Super WAHM

Just wanted to say Congrats flymom! Im glad you did at least get another job offer from ChaCha Good Luck and I hope you get it!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I work for chacha, but not transcription. I have also heard that there isn't much work available yet, but I could be wrong. Can anyone clarify that? Even if there isn't much work available, that will probably pick up.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Super WAHM

Plenty of work for the guides right now. I have seen some people complain it has been slow for them but I havent had any issues. Remember it does also depend upon what key words you choose. If you havent set up your keywords yet I would highly suggest you do this and make sure you choose all 50

I think they were estimating on getting inaround 1 million questions in this week. Its beenbustling from what I have seen.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:19 AM
WAHM Regular

I transcribe and its up and down as far as calls but voice is just starting so its not as popular as SMS therefore there are not as many calls as some would like. Like anything new, it takes time to get off the ground so expect some down time. I love the fact that I do not have to look up some of the ridiculous stuff they ask for lol! Transcribing is wonderful but I won't lie there is more money in SMS and you will do more work too lol!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Awesome WAHM

I like being a transcriber because I did not like looking up all the information, but it is true there isnt much its very slow best times are weekends at night when people are trying to find diners and clubs and a lot of teens call for obsurd questions but.. it equals up. They say maybe in time there will be more work but i dunno.. cant tell yet there will be new jobs in the future maybe you can transcribe for now until it gets better. I only make 10 dollars a week... so imagine not much!Edited by: babygurl
Old 06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks everyone, I will give it a try. I really been wanting to get in with cha cha, and maybe in the future they will let me do the simulator test again... you never know... in the meantime Im greatful to have this opportunity!

This ad will disappear if you login