Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Has anyone signed up with Virtual Vocations? It appears to be a job search however, you need to sign up and pay a small fee. Has anyone had any luck with this? There is another one called Telecommute Jobs, it another posting site that you paya small fee. Are these for real? I keep looking at Monster, Craigslist etc and all I find are cheesy scam type ads. Please let me know if you have used either site and what your experience is. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 01-23-2008, 07:08 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm not sure with you having to pay a fee I would be careful. With everything I have found, most legit opportunities will not ask you to give money to make money.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:29 AM
WAHM Regular

I love Virtual Vocations! I have found a few jobs there that fit me perfectly. I can say they are legit but if you do not believe me feel free to pm vvahm because she owns the company and can give you even more insight. I like it and they give you resume help. The people are really nice and helpful as well. You have to decide whether you are at a point where you feel that you need help. Good luck!!
Old 01-23-2008, 07:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Honestly, those that want you to pay make me nervous. I have seen those too. But honestly, I think the links here and on WPLH are just as good of a place to start. Just keep applying! Good Luck!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
WAHM Regular

I subscribe to Virtual Vocations and think it is legit. It is one of the most comprehensive online WAH list services I have come across...updated at least once daily. The only catch is that it is sometimes difficult to tell from the postings if a job is specific to geographic location. I applied for and was hired for a job that would have been a perfect fit until the employer asked me to come into the office for a 2 hour training session and we realized I was on the opposite Coast from his business. Oops!
Except for that one issue, I have nothing but good things to say about Virtual Vocations and I am definitely not usually one to pay for job opportunities. I guess I can rationalize this exception because I know there are real opportunities -- not a scam.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:59 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I really appreciate the comments and hope the site helps those that use it.

On a different note, we are considering offering a blog option that allows users to create there own blog, with VirtualVocations as the host, and allow them to input the Adsense code to be able to create your own revenue stream from it. As wahm's, if a site did offer this, would it increase/decrease/neither your use of the site? I hope this isn't posting in the wrong area for feedback.

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:50 PM
WAHM Regular

It would increase my usage! I love the idea and it will get more exposure for the writer! Keep us posted!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 03:38 PM
WAHM Regular

artzechck3 -

I was just wondering about Virtual Vocations as well, so I'm glad I came across your post. I was nervous about paying for this, but I'm happy to hear that it is indeed legit. I think I'm going to sign up with them. How about you...are you planning on signing up?
Old 01-28-2008, 04:44 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joblessfornow
I'm not sure with you having to pay a fee I would be careful. With everything I have found, most legit opportunities will not ask you to give money to make money.
Virtual Vocations isn't an "opportunity"...it's a service that provides job leads. Some like to use services like this, some prefer to search on their own. It's a time-saver, basically, and a legit service.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Registered WAHM

Send a message via AIM to VirtualPRgal

Virtual Vocations is such a scam. Any job seekers please avoid it at all costs. I used my last money to find work as single mother and found it to be a waste of time. Although it appears legitimate but takes advantage of people looking for work. Although no guarantees when looking for work they don't offer any customer service or even a telephone support. I can't even find an address. It could be running out of another country illegally operating. So many of the jobs are made up. One posting was to write an entire article for free and then send it to some mysterious hacker who never replies called magnus@inkville.com
I checked the website www.inkville.com and its just selling domain names.

I think its run by evil computer geeks who don't care about servicing clients.
They make it hard to unsubscribe I had to call Paypal my bank they are really illegitamate. I don't believe in Welfare and now bearly can make my rent. I advise everyone to never sign up Virtual Vocation.

[img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

This ad will disappear if you login