Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Quicktate

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:23 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Quicktime Hot Keys

Hi everyone. I have read the other thread but I wanted to ask if anyone can give a step-by-step instruction here how to use the hot keys for quicktime. I've tried all morning and it doesn't work for me. Perhaps someone can include the version of quicktime they use as well. I did roll back to a earlier version of firefox.

Thanks!

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to malcido Send a message via Yahoo to malcido

anyone using hot keys with a mac?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Registered WAHM

Question Hot Keys for Audio Speed?

The buttons that control the audio don't seem to work for me. I was wondering if there are any hot keys that can be used to slow down or speed up the audio? Thanks!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:13 PM
WAHM Regular

I used to be able to use the slow down/normal speed/speed up by clicking on it right on the audio but now that doesn't even work for me anymore. I wish I could find a place that suggests the recommended quicktime version to use. To type, I have to click outside the typing box and then click in it in order to be able to start typing. It never used to be that way. I want to know what has changed on my end to cause this? Anyone? TIA!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:11 AM
WAHM Regular

As far as I know the latest version of Firefox that worked correctly with Quicktime (as far as not having to click out and back in the box to type and the hotkeys working) was version 3.6.3. When using this version I can use hotkeys as long as I don't click anywhere before I start typing the file. Control + enter will stop and start the audio and the arrow keys will back it up or make it go forward. As far as speeding up or slowing down the audio, the only way I've ever known to do that was to click it on the screen. Here's the link for the old thread that has the download link for version 3.6.3.

Firefox 3.6.3
Old 04-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered WAHM

Thank you for the information on stopping and backing up the audio. I am new to Quicktate and have only done one file (7 words) because I didn't know how to stop or backup and when the other audios have started I wasn't right on the page so didn't do anything because I didn't know how to go back to the beginning. Can you do this while you are in the box for transcribing or do you need to have quicktime pulled up. Any tips that folks experienced with Quicktate can give would be greatly appreciated.
Have a great day!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 AM
WAHM Regular

Just within the last week I have started having problem with some files not responding to the Quicktime hot keys while other files will respond. The only thing that makes any sense on this is if not all messages are the same file types. Does anybody know if different phones use different file types? Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

This ad will disappear if you login