Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Quicktate

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:02 AM
WAHM Regular

thank you cyndi! btw, how do we get non-verbatim audios from speechink? i only get verbatim files and most of their audios are not clear...
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 11-19-2010, 07:15 AM
WAHM Regular

Cool Claritrans

Anyone type for Claritrans and how does the pay compare to SpeechInk? Thanks for any input.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Does anyone know how long your work takes to get reviewed and accepted to receive payment? It's been over a full day for me and I haven't been credited yet. I don't mind waiting...just curious.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Barbara - Sorry, I have no idea about the debit card idea. I don't remember seeing anything about it being an option, but you could certainly check into the Amazon Payments website to find out.

fabbypink - Head over to SpeechInk : You transcribe on your time. We pay competative rates. and click on "become a transcriber." That's the only thing I've done aside from registering at Amazon and I receive e-mail notices when there are non-verbatim or priority hits coming in. I assume that's the reason I get 'em. Well, sometimes I get 'em... I get a lot of junk mail. Sorry to hear about the audio problems you're having. The ones I preview are really good or really bad, so I totally understand. Don't give up on those insurance calls! Most of them are pretty clear.

shuckers - I don't know a thing about Claritrans. Come back and let us know what you find out!

dolly - the majority of my HITs have been reviewed/paid within 2 to 3 days and are available for withdrawal. I've had a couple (maybe 1 of every 50 at most) that have slipped through the cracks for 3 to 4 weeks, but don't be alarmed, that's not the norm. I can't speak with certainty, but I'm anticipating delays on the HITs I've done recently simply because there are literally hundreds of files sitting in the queue waiting for review. I don't recall seeing that many stacked up before, but still am not concerned. It won't be too long.

Good luck, ladies!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:35 PM
WAHM Regular

thank you cyndi!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi318 View Post
Barbara - Sorry, I have no idea about the debit card idea. I don't remember seeing anything about it being an option, but you could certainly check into the Amazon Payments website to find out.

fabbypink - Head over to SpeechInk : You transcribe on your time. We pay competative rates. and click on "become a transcriber." That's the only thing I've done aside from registering at Amazon and I receive e-mail notices when there are non-verbatim or priority hits coming in. I assume that's the reason I get 'em. Well, sometimes I get 'em... I get a lot of junk mail. Sorry to hear about the audio problems you're having. The ones I preview are really good or really bad, so I totally understand. Don't give up on those insurance calls! Most of them are pretty clear.

shuckers - I don't know a thing about Claritrans. Come back and let us know what you find out!

dolly - the majority of my HITs have been reviewed/paid within 2 to 3 days and are available for withdrawal. I've had a couple (maybe 1 of every 50 at most) that have slipped through the cracks for 3 to 4 weeks, but don't be alarmed, that's not the norm. I can't speak with certainty, but I'm anticipating delays on the HITs I've done recently simply because there are literally hundreds of files sitting in the queue waiting for review. I don't recall seeing that many stacked up before, but still am not concerned. It won't be too long.

Good luck, ladies!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbypink View Post
thank you cyndi!!!
You are more than welcome, and I truly hope I've been helpful. Someone here - you know who you are! - has guided me everytme I've reached out and I'm all about paying it forward. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the helpful links Cyndi. I am busy on another egg for the time being, but it is ALWAYS to good to have alternatives.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuckers View Post
Anyone type for Claritrans and how does the pay compare to SpeechInk? Thanks for any input.
I have worked for Claritrans. You want to be sure to read their guideline and stick to. I did work for them yesterday and has already received payment. They always pay within hours. I enjoy working for them. SpeechInk also pay pretty fast, but not as fast as Claritrans. SpeechInk is mostly verbatim. I have been working with them for about a year. I enjoy doing the insurance interviews. The coordinators are awesome to work with. They are very helpful. In fact, I got most of my experience and training from them. I just wished the pay was a little higher.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi318 View Post

Good luck, ladies!
Thanks much!!!! Good luck to you also
Old 12-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Registered WAHM

I signed up with Speechink and took the test, I got an 85 but it seems like I don't qualify for most of the work? I tried to request to re-take the test but it keeps coming back with "you already submitted this test" and will not let me re-take it so I'm confused lol, is there something I'm missing?

This ad will disappear if you login