Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Jewelry > Jewelry Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Info please JBPL, Lia Sophia, Stella and Dot

Hello

I've been looking into alot of Jewelry companies.
I never sold jewelry before, but I think its about time for me to give it a try.

I'm looking for info on these companies

Jewels by Park Lane

lia Sophia

Stella n Dot

Touchstone Crystal

I would like to know the start up cost?

Can you earn your starter kit?

How much is the website?

Do I have to carry inventory?

Do I have to submit my own sales taxes to the state or does the company take care of that?

How much are catalogs?

Who pays for hostess credits?

How do reps get paid?

What is the commission?

What are the companies monthy quotas?

What type of metals are they?

Are they nickel free?

What are the sizes of the braclets? (need med/Lrg, 8 or bigger)

How much is shipping for customers and party order?

How long does shipping take?

Where is the company located?

Who is the founder or ceo of the company?

How long has the company been in business?

Will the company let you rep for another company?

I will also like your pro and cons of the these companies, from past and present reps.

You can pm me all the information or post here.

Thanks
Sophine

Last edited by azmommybiz; 07-12-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Stella & Dot

Hi! I would love to give you information on Stella & Dot! Just so you know I live in Phoenix we will be having a team meeting debuting the entire fall collection that just came out over this weekend on July 19, so if you would like to come to the meeting and see the items in person, just PM me and I can give you the address and time. Below are the answers to your questions:

I would like to know the start up cost? Our kit is $199, with that you get to pick $350 in jewels and then after that you can order one of every item at 50% off

Can you earn your starter kit? No

How much is the website? $99 a year or $33 a quarter, you get to pick which way to pay

Do I have to carry inventory? No, just items for display to show at the trunk shows

Do I have to submit my own sales taxes to the state or does the company take care of that? Company takes care of it

How much are catalogs? You can earn the catalogs for free with our business supply credit, when you sell $770 in jewelry in a month you get 5% of that back in business supply credit to purchase the catalogs. If you don't have any credit then it is $22 for 20 catalogs

Who pays for hostess credits? Company

How do reps get paid? Once a week on a Stella & Dot branded debit card that you can use anywhere that Visa is taken, money easily transfers to your bank account if you don't want it to stay on the card

What is the commission? 25%, it goes up to 30% after you sell $2308 in jewelry

What are the companies monthy quotas? There are no quotas as a Stylist, you can sell as little or as much as you like in a month. Once you reach leadership levels there is a small quota you have to make

What type of metals are they? Stella & Dot uses a variety of metals from hematite, sterling silver, gold vermeil, silk, brass, it depends on the piece

Are they nickel free? Yes, everything is nickel free and hypoallergenic

What are the sizes of the braclets? (need med/Lrg, 8 or bigger) Depends on the bracelet, some styles fit small/medium others fit medium/large

How much is shipping for customers and party order? $5.95 for all party orders, if they are ordering on your website it depends on the value of the jewelry they ordered but it ranges from $5.95 to $7.95

How long does shipping take? Super quick! About 4 business days. It is a little longer at the moment because we just had a new line launch, should go back to normal processing by the end of the week

Where is the company located? San Bruno, CA

Who is the founder or ceo of the company? Jessica Herrin, a brillant woman!

How long has the company been in business? Jessica started doing trunk shows in 2004 and the company was known as Luxe Jewels then, the company really ramped up as Stella & Dot in 2008

Will the company let you rep for another company? Yes, as long as it is not another jewelry company. Once you hit Director level you can only rep for Stella & Dot

I would be happy to answer any other questions you have. This is an amazing company that is just getting better and better every year!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Skype™ to cosmo

I was a home party jewelry consultant for almost 5 years. It was a blast.

If I went back and did it again. I would go with S&D. Their stuff is adorable and they really seem to know how to market. A few of their reps do snazzy marketing vids on YouTube. I like that their company allows that. My opinion is only based on me liking the appearance of their jewelry.

I'd talk to gals live with all the companies you are interested in to learn more first hand. I'd also make sure your sponsor is a good fit for you. Granted your success it up to you, but having the right sponsor is important. Find the companies FaceBook pages and "like" them. This way you can see how the company interact with consumers and projects their image.

Looking for a new company is always fun. You will definitely meet some great direct sales people in your search.

Have fun and good luck. Susanna
Old 07-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmommybiz View Post

I would like to know the start up cost? WITH LIA SOPHIA OUR KIT IS JUST $149. YOU GET $1,000 WORTH OF JEWELRY PLUS SUPPLIES. YOU CAN THEN EARN AN ADDITIONAL $600 IN JEWELRY OF YOUR CHOICE IN YOUR FIRST 15 WEEKS. I CAN EMAIL YOU THE PDF OF OUR KIT IF YOU LIKE

Can you earn your starter kit? SOME OF US OFFER A KIT REIMBURSEMENT PLAN. THE COMPANY DOES NOT OFFER ONE. WE CAN CHAT FURTHER ABOUT IT.

How much is the website? JUST $9.95 A MONTH. WE CAN DO E-VITES AND E-MARKETINGS AND CUSTOMERS CAN SHOP ONLINE AND IT GETS ATTACHED TO THE HOSTESSES SHOW!

Do I have to carry inventory? NO! EVERYTHING IS SHIPPED AFTER THE SHOW AND SHIPPING IS $3.80 PER CUSTOMER

Do I have to submit my own sales taxes to the state or does the company take care of that? LIA SOPHIA DOES TAKE CARE OF OUR SALES TAX FOR US AS WELL AS RUNNING CREDIT CARDS FOR US. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR THAT

How much are catalogs? OUR CATALOGS ARE NOW 100 PAGES LONG AND ARE STILL JUST 75 CENTS EACH. WE CHANGE CATTYS TWICE A YEAR

Who pays for hostess credits? WE DO PAY A $6 FEE WHEN WE SUBMIT A SHOW

How do reps get paid? WE GET PAID VIA DIRECT DEPOSIT EVERY MONDAY

What is the commission? AN ADVISOR MAKES 30% AND AS A MANAGER 40%

What are the companies monthy quotas? TO REMAIN ACTIVE, YOU MUST SUBMIT 1 $250 SHOW EVERY 3 MONTHS!!! SO DOABLE. AND IF LIFE HAPPENS YOU HAVE A FULL YEAR TO REACTIVATE BY SUBMITTING A SHOW

What type of metals are they? WE START WITH A JEWELERS BRASS AND ELECTROPLATE WITH 14-24 K GOLD OR2 MILS RHODIUM (STRONGEST FORM OF PLATINUM)

Are they nickel free? MOST JEWELRY HAS A TINY BIT OF NICKEL SO WE DO NOT GUARANTEE. ALL OF OUR EARRINGS ARE SURGICAL STEEL WHICH STILL CONTAINS A TINY BIT OF NICKEL BUT IS THE MOST HYPOALLERGENIC YOU CAN GET BEFORE PURE GOLD. MOST OF MY CLIENTS WHO HAVE HAD PROBLEMS BEFORE DO NOT WITH US BECAUSE OF OUR PLATING

What are the sizes of the braclets? (need med/Lrg, 8 or bigger) OURS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE. SOME ARE BIGGER AND SOME AVERAGE AND SOME SMALL. DEPENDS ON THE BRACELETS.

How much is shipping for customers and party order? JUST $3.80

How long does shipping take? WE NORMALLY SHIP THE NEXT DAY AFTER SUBMISSION AND IT IS BY UPS SO VERY FAST. MY SISTER IS IN CALIFORNIA AND USUALLY TAKES 5 DAYS

Where is the company located? OUTSIDE OF CHICAGO

Who is the founder or ceo of the company? OUR FOUNDER WAS VICTOR KIAM (FORMER REMINGTON SHAVER LOVER OUR CEO AND OWNER IS NOW HIS SON TORI, WHOSE DAUGHTER ARE LIA AND SOPHIA!!! TORI'S WIFE IS OUR NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR.

How long has the company been in business? OVER 30 YEARS. JUST 7 AS LIA SOPHIA (WAS LADY REMINGTON)

Will the company let you rep for another company? YES UNLESS YOU DECIDE TO PROMOTE TO MANAGEMENT

I will also like your pro and cons of the these companies, from past and present reps.

You can pm me all the information or post here.

Thanks
Sophine

HEY SOPHINE,

Above are all of my answers about lia sophia jewelry. I have been with them for 4 years now and truly love this company.
As far as cons, there are not many. We can not sell off our tables nor can we sell retired pieces. We must use them to get bookings!

Our pros our amazing

Hostesses earn 20-40% in free jewelry!
4 items at 85% off
2 items at 50% off

Our supplies are so cheap! Plus shipping for us is always just $3.80.
And all of our jewelry carries a lifetime replacement guarantee! If you are not happy you may return anytime. After 4 months, there is just a $5 handling fee and you get it back in a certificate!

I would love to talk to you more about lia sophia! Let me know if you would like more information
Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi sent you a PM i also looked at some of these companies but decided on a different one called Guy and eva! Good luck!!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up Have You Heard of Willow House with Sara Blaine Jew

Willow House is getting ready to launch a new jewelry division with Sara Blaine. Beautiful line - more information can be found on my facebook page Kim Murden - Independent Willow House Design Consultant | Facebook or my website below! Convention is this week where we will learn ALL the details on the company launch. E-mail me a kim.murden@gmail.com if you would like more details when I return on Sunday.

Cheers!

Kim Murden
Old 07-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Super WAHM

Default Simply You

Hi!

I have looked at all these companies and have decided on Simply You. Simply You is a new company with great jewelry, a fabulous hostess plan, and a great comp plan. Not to mention their jewelry is fashionable, trendy, and priced right. If interested please PM me for more info. I would love to share more information about this company and all the perks!

Thanks,
Natalie
www.natalie.mysimplyou.com
Old 07-13-2011, 12:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Update on companies

Hello

I would like to Thank everyone for all the great information that you sent me about all the great Jewelry companies that you rep for. I've also have narrowed it down to these 3 companies.

Stella N Dot

Guy and Eva

Simply You

I'm also talking to reps from these companies.

Thanks again,
Sophine
Old 07-13-2011, 06:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Congrats!

Congrats on deciding on jewelry and narrowing your search!! That is so exciting!!! I just wanted to say Simply You is so worth looking into...Great Choice!!! Natalie is awesome too!!! Best wishes on your decision; I think you will love selling jewelry!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Default I will be joining

Guy and Eva

Now I just need to pick my upline.

Sophine

This ad will disappear if you login