Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Web & Office > Google Rater

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered WAHM

Default LionBridge Pay vs LeapForce Pay

Hello Everyone,

Very knew to this forum, but I have found that the information contained here is pretty honest, so I became a member.

I DO have a question concerning LionBridge vs LeapForce that I have not heard ANYONE mention through all of my researching these two companies.

I have been looking for WFH for years with no luck. That includes IM. I signed on with LionBridge a few days ago and I have been emailed by them that I will receive my test on Fri. 8/24/12. I love doing research and I love working alone so I figure this job is right for me. However, during the sign up process I found the LeapForce conflict that everyone is talking about. Out of curiosity I visited LeapForce and found one astronomical trait (for me) that LionBridge does not offer.

LionBridge pays by direct deposit, which means giving them my bank account details. I am really nervous about that. I don't know these people, and I am extremely skeptical about that process. I am concerned also that the homebase is in Ireland (or so I have read).

On the other hand, LeapForce pays by mailed check. Hoorahh!!

But, I already have my foot in the door with LionBridge and don't want to get messed up by applying to LeapForce and getting booted out by both.

Can anyone out there that has worked for LionBridge give me any information on the security of giving these people my banking information? My gut is telling me it is not a good idea and I should work for LeapForce so I don't have to give out that info.

Anyone have any input on this subject? I have considered opening another bank account just for LionBridge. Very interested in knowing your direct deposit experiences with this company.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Super WAHM

Leapforce pays via Direct Deposit only now.

Welcome to the 21st century.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Lion bridge is legit

I have been with them dive March of 2010. Your inf is safe with them. I was nervous at first, but the direct deposit is convenient.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. I feel a little better now. Still may open another account.

Also, thanks for the updated LeapForce information about the direct deposit. They don't have that update on their site, but now I can stay where I am because the direct deposit vs paper check was the ONLY reason for my concern.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:05 PM
WAHM Regular

You can always get a prepaid credit card like Green Dot. They offer direct deposit and that would mean not giving out any information. I have used this method and have not had any trouble with other jobs requiring direct deposit and my bank info is safe since I do not have to give it out.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:36 AM
WAHM Fanatic

That was the main reason why I didn't accept Lion Bridge's job offer 2 years ago. Even though many people say your info is safe I still wasn't secure with giving out my my checking acct info!! This is a really great idea to try out Green Dot! Maybe I should reapply with LB and see what happens!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:43 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I just realized that Paypal offers a prepaid master card!!!! That is something to check into as well!

This ad will disappear if you login