Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Google Rater

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Leapforce vs Lionbridge currently?

I'm new to WAHM so forgive me if I've posted in an inappropriate place.

I just applied for Leapforce and will be sent a test on Monday. After doing some more research, I came across Lionbridge.

Most of the reviews I've found comparing the two are older. Can anyone give me some insight as to which I should try first?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Super WAHM

Honestly, depends. If you apply with Leapforce, there's one client/job description only. Lionbridge have several different clients and job descriptions.

None of the LB jobs allow more than 20 hours/week to the best of my knowledge.

And neither may reply, to be honest. May as well apply to all.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted_eyeballs View Post
Honestly, depends. If you apply with Leapforce, there's one client/job description only. Lionbridge have several different clients and job descriptions.

None of the LB jobs allow more than 20 hours/week to the best of my knowledge.

And neither may reply, to be honest. May as well apply to all.
You can't apply to all of them. Lionbridge specifically asks if you have ever worked for any other rating service. I got turned down (I believe) to test for Lionbridge because I had already tested for Leapforce.

Take your time on the test, and study hard. It's not an easy test. I failed the first time, took it again and passed, but only because I studied for 3 days, then took three days to take the test.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Super WAHM

You can APPLY to everyone. You can't work for everyone all at once on the same projects.

Applying: Not the same as "working for."
Old 03-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Registered WAHM

Default help!

I worked for a brief time for Leapforce and failed horrible as they said my rating was substandard, however of course I disagree...
I applied to lb, sent a resume, then they sent paperwork to sign and on the questionaire it asked if I had worked for leap, etc. I said yes, I currently did, but would cancel my account due to lf poor pay and work, I felt I should be honest.

However, I got an email later today stating lf terminating my contract, so now what. Will lb hire me if I worked or work for them, should I email them stating my contract is no longer valid with lf? Needless to say I am extremely bummed and feel like a complete failure, but I had only worked for a month and was just getting my barrings.

I really like the fact of working at home, even though my toddler makes me crazy. Any ideas, need some help.

Thnks!!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm in a similar situation. Have been working for LF for seven months (contract renewed at 6 months) and I just received notice of termination.
I was unclear about LB. Were you still under contract with LF when you applied to LB?
If you are no longer with LF can you work for LB?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Registered WAHM

Ironically I had a feeling something was up when I was not getting any tasks for days, so I went to Lb to check out their site, submitted my resume then they sent some paperwork to be completed, there I did put I was still employed then the same day got a term. email from lf, so I re-did the paperwork and sent it with an email to lb stating I was not apart of lf any longer. No word. There were a good number of people who expressed the same issue, no tasks, I wonder if they got the boot as well....
I now wonder if we can go back and apply for another job there or are just exiled forever. I have been on the web NON stop looking to find similiar work, oh the torture.
I am terribly sorry you were terminated, especially after being renewed, I was only a month in, thought they would give me a little longer to catch on. I have read that there are workers that switch from lb to lf and vise verse, Since there are few companies that offer this type of work you would think that they are used to seeing potential workers from it's competitors. Again assuming. Good luck! Any idea what your next move is?
Old 03-29-2012, 03:12 PM
WAHM Regular

I got my termination email yesterday as well. :-(
Old 03-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Registered WAHM

Ahh, I am so sorry! How long were you with them? It seems they are terminating quite a few raters, to which I have "heard" them doing, no idea why. Have you checked out Lb, butler hill? I have applied still waiting. I signed paperwork for Lb but still no word, I read that workforce was not offering the job any longer.

It was total bummer for sure, that was a good way to stay a float and do writing on the side, I just hope my last invoice goes through.....

Have you checked out freelancer.com? Tons and tons of different type of jobs, typing, data entry etc. I just signed up yesterday, they seem to pay much better than other freelance sites. Good luck to you!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Term from LF

Well it looks like the 28th was d-day for a few of us. My first review was above average and my second was average. I thought that since I was renewed that they were happy with my work. Guess not. There were so many other new types of tasks that were added that maybe that's where I fell short. I was feeling pretty good. 40 hours for March and helping out while I found other work. The last two weeks my tasks were limited.
There is not a lot of feedback from them. I had a few quality tickets where they send you an e-mail questioning your rating and ask you to explain the reason they rated that way.
My next move... back in August I applied with BH and had training scheduled but I accepted the LF job. I just e-mail BH to ask if I have to re-take the test or not.
I'll apply to LB too.
Good luck to everyone.

This ad will disappear if you login