Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Google Rater

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Are Leapforce, Appen, Lionbridge legit companies to send your resumes to?

Are Leapbridge, Appen Butler Hill, and Lionbridge scam-free companies? I applied and sent my resumes but now my friends are saying I should not have done that because they can steal my identity from the resumes I sent....

Can someone please verify whether this is true or not?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom73 View Post
Are Leapbridge, Appen Butler Hill, and Lionbridge scam-free companies? I applied and sent my resumes but now my friends are saying I should not have done that because they can steal my identity from the resumes I sent....

I have never heard of Appen; but Leapforce, Butler Hill, and Lionbridge are all legit, no scam companies.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Super WAHM

Appen merged with Butler Hill. Very legit.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to kitkat0925

All the named companies are legit. Appen merged with Butler Hill and now named Appen Butler Hill. No scams at any of these. All companies pay on time.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Super WAHM

All great companies. I've worked for LF for over 2 years and I have a friend at LB. Butler Hill is good too
Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to khakigirl Send a message via Skype™ to khakigirl

Quote:

Honestly, you'd be better off NOT talking to friends about working from home. They'll never understand and never believe you when you tell them about legit jobs. I've been working for Leapforce for a year and a half and I STILL have friends who don't believe me when I tell them I work from home. I've even shown them my paycheck and they still think it's a scam.

If you need advice, do what you just did - post here. There are lots of people willing to help you out. A good rule of thumb is that if there's a folder here for a specific company, it's probably legit.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Super WAHM

Can anyone message me and tell me a little more about these companies? What do you do for them? Thank you!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Registered WAHM

Wink Legit Companies

Quote:

I speak from personal experience when I say that I wouldn't waste my time sending leapforce a resume. They make you take two tests to be eligible to "work" for them. You're told you can only take them once but I don't believe that...I failed the first time and they automatically signed me up for another try. I was out of work so I figured I'd give it another shot.The tests are agonizing. I studied so hard and took the test which took about 60 hours each week. That's 120 hours of unpaid training. After passing the second time, I worked solid for about a week or more. Then the jobs became less and less after week 3. Three months later, here I am lucky to get about 20 minutes a week. They reqauire you to work at 30 "tasks per hour" depending on the jobs that you can get. Some days you'll have nothing but new jobs thrown at you left and right that you have to study more for (unpaid).
By the time you figure the job out and accept it, the job is gone.
So my experience is that they do indeed pay you for the time you put in. But they are not a fair company. Thorough work leads to a "too slow" status and quick work leads to emails telling you to do better....
I would just find a better company and stay away from them unless you just don't have any other options.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to khakigirl Send a message via Skype™ to khakigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcm_atl View Post
I speak from personal experience when I say that I wouldn't waste my time sending leapforce a resume. They make you take two tests to be eligible to "work" for them. You're told you can only take them once but I don't believe that...I failed the first time and they automatically signed me up for another try. I was out of work so I figured I'd give it another shot.The tests are agonizing. I studied so hard and took the test which took about 60 hours each week. That's 120 hours of unpaid training. After passing the second time, I worked solid for about a week or more. Then the jobs became less and less after week 3. Three months later, here I am lucky to get about 20 minutes a week. They reqauire you to work at 30 "tasks per hour" depending on the jobs that you can get. Some days you'll have nothing but new jobs thrown at you left and right that you have to study more for (unpaid).
By the time you figure the job out and accept it, the job is gone.
So my experience is that they do indeed pay you for the time you put in. But they are not a fair company. Thorough work leads to a "too slow" status and quick work leads to emails telling you to do better....
I would just find a better company and stay away from them unless you just don't have any other options.
It took you SIXTY HOURS to study for and take the exam? Um, no offense but Leapforce is NOT the type of work for you if you need that much time to study. I'm the "don't need to study" type of person. I read through the guidelines in 2 hours or so and took about 3 hours on the test. I passed first try and have been working for LF since July 2010.

They only cap your hours if you're slow and/or have poor quality. I had a cap when I was new but it quickly fell off and I can work as little or as much as I want. I can learn a new task type in just a few minutes which is what they want.

Last edited by khakigirl; 03-07-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Super WAHM

Agree with khakigirl. The job is not for everyone. It requires you to be able to think a certain way, whether naturally or by getting your brain in line with how they want you to work.

It took me about 2 hours to prep for the exams and pass. I have always had as much work as I want so long as tasks are available to all raters. They have always paid on time.

This is like any other job. If you cannot do the work their way, you won't last. This does not make it unfair, it makes it the wrong job for you. This is also why some people are hairdressers, and others are accountants. They are very different jobs that require different things to be successful.

This ad will disappear if you login