Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Event and Party Planners

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi ladies...

I am interested in starting my own children's party business.I am wondering if any of youdoingthis kind of business . I would like to start with a Princess party , Tea Party and so on. Is there any demand for kind of business ?

I would like to hear any suggestions and opinions that you may have ....

Thanks
Megan
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to DanielleC

I have been despratly trying to get my childrens business off the ground and have had a few parties but no real luck. I dont think people have the money to go all out on there kids b-day parties right now! I dont know! I would love to quit working for my jerk boss so.......

Old 07-31-2007, 08:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Danielle,

What kind of children's business you are into ?I feel the same, i want to quit my job too

Regards
Megan
Old 08-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered WAHM

I started my own bear building business. Well I know where to get my products from, set up the site and have prices assigned. I just need the customers. No need to sign up with those companies as there prices are much pricier and some you have quotas to meet. Its simpler this way I just dont have the advertising budget.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Danielle

Do you have a website ?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Registered WAHM

Yes, but I need to update it with new contact info. Its hard because I have no phone yet at my new house and so I can not get online. At work its very hard to update my site! LOL SO I have a site I just need to finish up some work on it.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:51 AM
WAHM Regular

Danielle,

When your website is ready, you can work towards getting traffic to your website. You can also write articles to distribute to the free articles site too. Networking can help too

regards
Megan
Old 08-11-2007, 02:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via MSN to ssvalen

I own my own company called Little Princess Parties....www.littleprincessparty.com. There is a huge demand in my area and I am busier than I want to be...actualy we just moved to a new subdivision area and I need to start advertising, but I am so busy with my other WAH jobs and getting ready for new baby to come that I just needed a little break!
I you need any advice on starting up a princess party business (I also do the stuff-a-buddy) parties, just email me info@littleprincessparty.com or Pm me
Old 08-24-2007, 04:40 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to yministry101

Yes the children's party planning business is huge! A couple things to remember know your area that you are marketing to. Price can be a determining factor so if your area can't afford the prices you want to charge than you need to advertise in a different area. However with that being said you really have to put yourself out there for people to know who you are and your company! I do anywhere from 15-20 parties a month with my company but it has taken a lot of footwork to get the parties. One great way I get my name out is by setting up at craft shows and community events. This way I reach a lot of people at one time. I also advertise in my local Kid's Directory which is where a lot of my birthday party business and scout workshopscome from. I do Day cares and school workshops as well and do direct mail outs for those. I do Glamour Girl Parties and Stuff Your Own Stuffed Animal Parties as an independent crew member with Noah's Ark Workshop.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to EmilyAnn

I was wanting to start planning princess parties, but then I did some
research and found out there are already 2 princess party businesses
and 3 kids party planning businesses in my small town.

This ad will disappear if you login