Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Current Events

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:24 AM
WAHM Addict

Angry Don't buy Butterball Turkey

Please read both the links

Has your Thanksgiving turkey been sacrificed to idols?

Read more: Has your Thanksgiving turkey been sacrificed to idols? Has your Thanksgiving turkey been sacrificed to idols?

Halal foods can be found in many Middle Eastern grocers. In larger cities, you may be able to find halal butchers.

With the growing demand for Halal foods in some areas, some national supermarket chains are carrying halal meats even halal turkeys for Thanksgiving

Check this link out: WARNING! ALL ‘BUTTERBALL’ TURKEYS ARE HALAL-SLAUGHTER CERTIFIED Bare Naked Islam
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 11-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Super WAHM

It is sad that in 2011 people are so ignorant. In all most stores they have kosher certified as well as halal certified. Do you feel the same way about kosher turkeys? A true Muslim does not worship idols. Those radical people in the middle east are not practicing real Islam. There are plenty of decent american muslims in the USA. Your links are also not accurate as far as what halal really means. When I clicked on your post, I thought it was about a butterball recall or something. I did not realize you were sharing your biased,ignorant views.

Teresa Allen
Old 11-23-2011, 04:44 AM
Administrator

I'm sorry, you did make the title of your post sound like a recall, but a perfect time to educate now. As the previous poster commented, no different than what we allow for the Jewish religion.

This article is a great counter-point to the women who appears to have started this campaign against Butterball.

Oh the irony: Pamela Geller and the stealth halal turkeys | The Straight Path | a Chron.com blog
Old 11-23-2011, 10:11 AM
WAHM Addict

This actually would make me buy Butterball Turkeys more than others. Same as the Kosher, Hebrew National hot dogs. I just feel like things that are Kosher or Halal certified means they are held to a higher standard. That is probably a naive statment, and who knows if that is actually true... but it sure makes me feel better!! LOL!!

It is pathetically sad that someone would not buy a turkey for these ridiculous reasons, but to each his own I guess.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:43 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Maybe this will clean things up

Halal: The Back Door To Unwitting Sharia Compliance. FIGHT IT!
Halal Turkeys Are Tainting Thanksgiving, Says Pamela Geller
According to Geller, in a column from The American Thinker, the turkey brand is forcing sharia law onto all of us by offering whole turkeys that are "certified halal." Geller is aghast: "In a little-known strike against freedom, yet again, we are being forced into consuming meat slaughtered by means of a torturous method: Islamic slaughter." Yet again!

Beast Watch 2011: Bible Prophecy News
Did you see the video on-----Look at the camel ---------This is flat at wrong and cruel!!!!!!!

WARNING! ALL ‘BUTTERBALL’ TURKEYS ARE HALAL-SLAUGHTER CERTIFIED Bare Naked Islam

Please actually read up on this it is even on TV programs such as Focal Point!!!

Carlene
Old 01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
WAHM Regular

This post is discriminating in nature and should be removed. However, after saying that, I had no idea there was such thing as Halal...I'm learning more and more from this group everyday!

This ad will disappear if you login