Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales: Craft Companies & Crafters > Craft Companies & Crafters

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Starter Bundle Fumble Jumble

Hi there, I have been following this thread since March 2012 and was a Titan Crafter in April, May and June of 2012. The one thing that I have never seen change was that aggravating unstable starter bundle, the only thing it was good for was pulling the bracelet through the draw plate. One of the things about me is I work smarter not harder. Adapt Improvise and Overcome is somewhere on my kindergarten diploma with those ABC blocks and Mary’s little animals I am sure.
Now I said all of that to say all of this.
*Make a clover type starter bundle with your craft wire 24 awg or ˝ millimeter. Keeping the loops short, use half of a credit card or two fingers, secure it to your mandrel.
*Start your weave with craft wire, keeping it snug to the mandrel. Make about an inch or so until you have a nice uniform chain.
*Cut the craft wire at the bottom of a loop or stitch, leaving the tail.
* Now follow the same procedure for adding wire.
* Cut and clean your stainless steel piece of wire and come in over the top of the last loop to begin as if adding a new piece of wire except for the hook, instead of hooking the wire for a secure and neat appearance you only need it to stay put until you get around the mandrel one time, then you can leave it stick out or cut it close to the chain, either way it is up to you.
* Make about 2 inches of chain, this should be nice and uniform from the beginning sense there is no floppy leafs of the clover to worry about. Keep your weave as tight to the
mandrel as you can. Make about 2 inches and stop. Cut your wire at the bottom of the loop and leave the tail.
* Slide the chain up the mandrel until the stainless is at the top of the mandrel and cut off the starter and the craft wire. Clean up the top of your chain, so you now have 4 loops on the top, or three loops and a single strand.

This 2 inch piece of stainless steel chain is your new starter bundle. Never pull it through the draw plate and you have a starter piece that will last you a lifetime. Follow the same procedure to make a three column starter for the double weave.
You have to use two pieces of wire bent in half then inserted through the top of all of your chains to start them through the draw plate.
To start a new chain just slide your 2 inch piece onto the mandrel and start like you are adding a piece of new wire. When your chain is finished, cut your starter off where you started with your 50 or 70 inch piece, always saving the original two inches.
Works great and last a long time.
Now for that Starter Fumble Mumble Jumble. I put mine in the garbage disposal and with a flick of the switch one aggravating Starter Fumble Mumble Jumble and one wore out stinky garbage disposal were now history. I took my last paycheck from TC and bought a new garbage disposal and I have never been happier.

I hope this helps all of you. Oh yeah, get a pair of QUALITY round nose pliers, with a box joint design, not the lap joint design. They cost about $15.00. Just Google “box joint design round nose pliers”
Peace
Clayso
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Registered WAHM

Default BBB Rating

I was just about ready to order my started set when I decided to check out the BBB rating myself. Someone had posted earlier that it was a B-. Well, it is an F now - and it listed one complaint, but I couldn't figure out how to find out what the specific complaint was. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 07-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Default ahhhh!

my chain is not staying lined up. its twisting, any advice on what i can do to get it to stay straight?!?
Old 07-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Registered WAHM

Default whats the average?

how long did it take for you to make one bracelet to begin with? and how long to make a your first lot? now for the crafters that have been working longer than a few lots, how long does it take you to make a bracelet and a lot? the way things are moving right now i think it will take me a week to finish a whole lot, but i am just geting one bracelet finished and starting on the next to finish the next day? this is my first lot
Old 07-29-2012, 10:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgirl View Post
I was just about ready to order my started set when I decided to check out the BBB rating myself. Someone had posted earlier that it was a B-. Well, it is an F now - and it listed one complaint, but I couldn't figure out how to find out what the specific complaint was. Anyone know anything about this?
Imo, the number of complaints is more important than the grade. Titan has one complaint that seems to have "resolved with BBB assistance". Unfortunately, that's about all the details the BBB will reveal.

Consumer Complaints for Titan Chains - Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington BBB

I think it's important to check a business's record, and keep checking them. If Titan had a ton of complaints filed with the BBB, I would be concerned. But one unhappy person doesn't bother me at all.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgirl View Post
Having worked with the BBB as a business owner I can tell you how this works. The BBB will file anything without any proof provided whatsoever from the customer. So, with that said if I went online and filled out the form whether I was ever a customer or not it will be posted. Once, the complaint is posted they will try to contact the business. If the business responds and the person who files the complaint never does it is put down as resolved no response from customer but stays on that businesses BBB record for three years. This can and is abused. This reason is why I stopped paying their membership fee which is a few hundred. I was shocked at how they processed these complaints.

The BBB also gives grades based on many factors such as the nature of the business, how long they have existed, and some say whether they have paid the membership fee. In fact, I thought it even said some of this was the reason at the bottom of Titan's page there.

I used to believe in the BBB when I was a customer but when I ran my business my eyes were opened to them and I do not trust any of their ratings.

With all that said 1 complaint in three years for an assembly at home business is pretty darn good and really does not justify an F rating. I wonder what happened? Did they not pay their fee?

If you really want to know if a business is ethical ask around. Come to forums like this if they are mainly online. You will be able to judge better on this info than on anything they provide.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:35 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi there, I have been following this thread since March 2012 and was a Titan Crafter in April, May and June of 2012. The one thing that I have never seen change was that aggravating unstable starter bundle, the only thing it was good for was pulling the bracelet through the draw plate. One of the things about me is I work smarter not harder. Adapt Improvise and Overcome is somewhere on my kindergarten diploma with those ABC blocks and Mary’s little animals I am sure.
Now I said all of that to say all of this.
*Make a clover type starter bundle with your craft wire 24 awg or ˝ millimeter. Keeping the loops short, use half of a credit card or two fingers, secure it to your mandrel.
*Start your weave with craft wire, keeping it snug to the mandrel. Make about an inch or so until you have a nice uniform chain.
*Cut the craft wire at the bottom of a loop or stitch, leaving the tail.
* Now follow the same procedure for adding wire.
* Cut and clean your stainless steel piece of wire and come in over the top of the last loop to begin as if adding a new piece of wire except for the hook, instead of hooking the wire for a secure and neat appearance you only need it to stay put until you get around the mandrel one time, then you can leave it stick out or cut it close to the chain, either way it is up to you.
* Make about 2 inches of chain, this should be nice and uniform from the beginning sense there is no floppy leafs of the clover to worry about. Keep your weave as tight to the
mandrel as you can. Make about 2 inches and stop. Cut your wire at the bottom of the loop and leave the tail.
* Slide the chain up the mandrel until the stainless is at the top of the mandrel and cut off the starter and the craft wire. Clean up the top of your chain, so you now have 4 loops on the top, or three loops and a single strand.

This 2 inch piece of stainless steel chain is your new starter bundle. Never pull it through the draw plate and you have a starter piece that will last you a lifetime. Follow the same procedure to make a three column starter for the double weave.
You have to use two pieces of wire bent in half then inserted through the top of all of your chains to start them through the draw plate.
To start a new chain just slide your 2 inch piece onto the mandrel and start like you are adding a piece of new wire. When your chain is finished, cut your starter off where you started with your 50 or 70 inch piece, always saving the original two inches.
Works great and last a long time.
Now for that Starter Fumble Mumble Jumble. I put mine in the garbage disposal and with a flick of the switch one aggravating Starter Fumble Mumble Jumble and one wore out stinky garbage disposal were now history. I took my last paycheck from TC and bought a new garbage disposal and I have never been happier.

I hope this helps all of you. Oh yeah, get a pair of QUALITY round nose pliers, with a box joint design, not the lap joint design. They cost about $15.00. Just Google “box joint design round nose pliers”
Peace
Clayso
Old 08-01-2012, 09:18 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Sent in sample work

I sent in the samples of style 1 and 2 today. It took me about 8 hours each. Though I did spend time reading instructions, watching videos, and redoing some things in those 8 hours. Since, it was technically training time I guess it was not too bad. Once, I get my review in the rest of the lot needs to go a whole lot quicker than that unless I want to get paid a dollar something a hour.

I do have one concern. When I sent off my samples, the clerk at the post office did not ring up the sale as tracking. I was filling out the address info and she just assumed that was what I wanted without asking me. So, I have no way to track it. I was going to go back with my two toddlers and ask to have tracking added but they went to lunch right after my transaction. I can only hope everything with the mail goes okay.

I ended up using no slip gardening gloves for my hands because of the snug fit. The protective coating on the thumb on my right glove is worn off already. I was thinking of wrapping all the fingertips of the gloves with duct tape like gingerbread suggested. I will post back once I get my review.

Update on shipping issue:
Thank God I live in a small town with a really small post office. I was able to go back later and get tracking added to the package. I feel so much better about the whole thing now that I can track the samples. The shipping cost $2.80.

Last edited by email81; 08-01-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: update
Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered WAHM

Default samples done

i am mailing in my samples today. it took me two and a half hours one day, an hour the next to finish style one. then i sat down for three hours and done style two. i took a day inbetween off. didnt mean to, but my fingers were sore anyways. my sister went to work at waffle house and she told me thank god you are working at home or else i wouldnt have anyone to watch my baby...i told her only reason i am working at home is so i can watch my own babies. now if i can just get them occupied so i can get some work done...lol school starts in a few weeks, the boys wil be in school and i thought i might put the girls in day care two or three days a week and get the whole lot done all at once. i dont know yet. we will have to see.
i want to get started on the rest of the lot but i know i should prob wait to hear back with my samples before i do. think i might catch up on some reading. does titian chains have a chat room for crafters if not they sure need one. or maybe not, i might not get as much work done if they did..lol
Old 08-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Registered WAHM

thats why everyone says do your homework! there is no way to see what the complaint was but if you read thru this thread i bet you will find who and what it was.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
update