Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Avon

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:16 PM
WAHM Master

Arrow Success with AVON

A discussion today with a fellow AVON rep and leader makes me want to ask the followingand I added my own answers too)

What method has brought you the most success with recruiting? (for me, it was local ads for the first 5 years or so but more recently online through forums)

How many brochures do you put out TO NEW AREAS(not existing customers) a campaign? ( Mine- used to be as high as 200, now about 30, but upping that to 100+ starting next campaign)

What was your highest year in sales? ( Honor society, $22,000 in sales that year)

Do you offer specials and sales?( used to but not anymore....still get as many customers without incentives)

What would be your #1 tip for getting new reps to join? What else has brought you the most success with AVON?

Last edited by DebraFerrie; 05-10-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 05-11-2010, 05:52 PM
WAHM Master

What method has brought you the most success with recruiting?
Right now it is Avon Lead Sharing. Before it was going out face to face recruiting. Haven't had the time for that lately though.

How many brochures do you put out TO NEW AREAS(not existing customers) a campaign? Only what is left over from three boxes and wasn't given out to customers or recruits.

What was your highest year in sales? This past cycle I made PC.

Do you offer specials and sales?
Only to those who refer a customer or recruit.

What would be your #1 tip for getting new reps to join? What else has brought you the most success with AVON?
I don't have an answer to this one. I am more looking toward how to keep the current ones interested and doing well since I have signed over 150+ reps and only have 35 active. What has bought me the most success with Avon is teaming up with another successful representative and learning from her.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:36 AM
WAHM Master

What method has brought you the most success with recruiting? For me it has been the online recruiting via message boards and online classifieds.

How many brochures do you put out TO NEW AREAS. I really haven't done much of that lately. I've had a very little success with tossing or hanging. Can't seem to find the time to do door knocking but that is what I would like to do. I did purchase some basic inventory and set up a table 2 times at the salon where I get my hair cut. I've gotten 4 new customers (well I got their info) but they have yet to order. Hopefully they will in 11. That's the books they got anyway. That is how I hope to increase my customer and local recruiting base. Again these people come to me so they are more interested in buying or selling Avon than others may be.

What was your highest year in sales? Honor Society 1st and 3rd year. PC 2nd year.

Do you offer specials and sales? I usually offer some kind of special almost every campaign. My customers rarely take advantage of it though. Which is ok as its still a win win situation. I look good and if they don't bother, then it doesn't cost me anything. I almost always give a small gift (or bigger depending on order size) in every order. I bought a bunch of the match box nail files and used them the last 2 campaigns. They only cost me about 50 cents and they are really cute so I'm sure my customers appreciated them.

What would be your #1 tip for getting new reps to join? What else has brought you the most success with AVON? I do not recruit by kind of talking people into joining Avon. I feel that if they don't make the first move, then they probably won't stay on. Heather you've done most of your recruiting by talking to people in parking lots and kind of put the idea in their head to join. I don't know how much you "talk" them into being interested when they probably hadn't given any thought to being an Avon rep. I give straight forward information about Avon and if those looking to join like it then they join. I've been successful getting my name out there online. I talk about Avon only as a business, not as a way to get a personal discount. I feel that brings business minded individuals to join. Of course those interested in a personal discount can still join, but they don't contribute enough to the main goal of sales and recruiting. So I while, I invite them to join, I don't go out of my way looking for those types.

I feel that treating Avon as a business has been my best success. I think advertising it as such brings a more business minded individual to me. I have 3 solid UL's right now. One will be AUL before I know it. I have one more with 4 reps under her. If I can find one more interested and motivated rep to start leadership, I could potentially be EUL before long. I've created an automated email campaign that my new reps sign up for and it sends out a series of emails with "everyday" important info on starting your own business and things Avon just doesn't really tell you.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:40 AM
WAHM Master

Also, I am always excited and animated when I'm talking about Avon. I talk about it any chance that I get.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:39 AM
WAHM Master

I need more peeps like you on MY team Terri!
People excited, serious, motivated and who treat it as the carreer opportunity it is!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 AM
WAHM Master

I need a few more like me too
Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 AM
WAHM Master

Oh with regard to the Avon lead sharing... that is just awful. I signed up for it once I could and out of a dozen or so leads, maybe I got 2 to sign up? One quit very quickly and the other is still selling. I unsigned myself from it because I was getting harassed about not signing people up who didn't answer my calls, emails or texts. I signed up again. Got 2 leads again who don't return any form of communication....even if to tell me to stop bothering them. I'll probably remove myself again. Avon expects a 50 % success rate from the leads and I've heard the average amount is 20-30% success.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

What method has brought you the most success with recruiting? For me it has been the online recruiting from lead share but mostly just talking to people where ever I happen to be at that moment. Ive been told that its my smile and eye contact too.... Its obvious I believe in what Im saying.

How many brochures do you put out TO NEW AREAS.
I bought a bulk mail permit early on - I have about 250 customers and bulk mail to my neighborhood another 400 to 500 books rotating addresses every campaign. All my books have a sticker on the cover thats says JOIN AVON

What was your highest year in sales?
Honor Society 1st , 2nd and 3rd year.... this year I hit Rose Circle for the first time. Thats hard to do when you also recruit!

Do you offer specials and sales?
Nope, not ever

What would be your #1 tip for getting new reps to join?
Be honest - what you put in is what you can expect to get out of this.
I made Executive Unit Leader in my first year and a half in. I work this as a business. My team wants to be where I am. I also managed to quit my job within the first year BOY what a day that was! I use my own success as an example.

What else has brought you the most success with AVON?
Caring about those I sign up, following up to make sure they are making a profit and taking their training. Not doing it "all" for them, but teaching them to do it themselves. It really is about your team, not yourself.

Bonnie
Old 05-15-2010, 08:37 AM
WAHM Fanatic

What method has brought you the most success with recruiting? The individuals who have sign up with me online are the ones who tend to stuck around. I lost the only UL in my downline so I'm not getting any Lead Sharing recruits at the moment. But even when I did most would not return calls and then I found my DM was also calling them. I figured the reason they did not respond is probably due to feeling harrassed. Most of the ones that did reply ended up being too far for me to feel comfortable driving my POS car (I have a new car now so I wouldn't mind the drive as much now) and someone from 2 hrs away would always end up with leads local to me.

How many brochures do you put out TO NEW AREAS(not existing customers) a campaign? Between 150 - 200

What was your highest year in sales? I've been selling just over 3 years and made HS my second. PC the other two

Do you offer specials and sales?Yes, but like Terri said most of the time no one takes advantage of them, which I don't mind. I do have a Frequent Shopper discount going on for the year and some of my customers who order occassionally have been ordering more consistantly.

What would be your #1 tip for getting new reps to join? If I knew I'd be better at recruiting. I do have a sticker on the front of my brochures but I think a lot of people decide not to join because they are afraid there are too many reps already.

What else has brought you the most success with AVON?Consistantly making sure my current customers have brochures. Providing excellent customer service. Not being my own best customer. This year though I want to focus more on recruiting and fundraisers.

Ref Code: DLANCASTER
Old 05-15-2010, 09:46 AM
WAHM Master

Most of my signups have not been from parking lot recruiting. Most are ones who have asked to become a rep. I do not pressure anyone into signing or talk anyone into signing up. I simply ask if they have a rep or have been offered the opportunity. I will hand them a brochure and then ask if I can get their name and number to call. That is it.

For me most of the people who signed up online did not stay. I have only one who signed up online and is selling at HS level. The others went into collection or quit selling. So for now Lead sharing is all that is working for me. I have not done any online recruiting because lately I haven't had the time and really don't know much on where to advertise that is most effective. At the moment I am just burned out from it all.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
avon, avon leader, join avon, join avon online