Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales: Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Avon

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Avon vs. MeetMark??

Hi all,
Looking to sign up, but not 100% sure if I should go with an Avon account, or a meet mark account. I really really love teh mark line, what they have to offer, and their social beauty concept. I have been with Avon before, so I know that I can sell/order mark as an Avon rep, but can't do things the other way around.
I want to know the nitty gritty on discounts/commissions, leadership...the whole nine yards. I want to know what is going to be a better deal for me and my love for Mark.
Any information would be helpful in the comparison of the accounts.
Thanks in advance,
Tara
​Tara Bryant - South Hill Designs Ind. Artist: #12363 www.TarasLockets.com
Be sure to visit my fun, funky, unique blog and My Esty Store
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:32 AM
WAHM Master

I don't know much about Mark but anything about Avon you can click the banner in my Signature and find out. Maybe there is a Mark Rep on here that can answer that side of the question. I just don't deal with or know about Mark Only. Didn't find much on their website either.

Edit to say: This is all I found on mark........
Ok found a recruiting flyer but can get it to upload to this site or my site. Basically says (and I don't know if it is updated). 40% cosmetics, jewelry and fragrance and 25% off appearal.

I am guessing the same cost to sign $20 online/$10 in person. I believe you have to pay for orders upfront and their is no deadline to place orders like there is with Avon.

Selling markis a no-pressure situation. There are no inventory requirements, no minimum order sizes and no sales quotas. The minimum selling age for a markRepresentative is 16 years. Parental/guardian consent via a signature is required for any markRepresentative under the age of 18.

Last edited by SAHMof2; 09-20-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:10 AM
WAHM Master

I don't know that much about mark either.

Avon you can earn up to 50% commissions and the commission earned with Avon applies to the mark products. I BELIEVE but am not 100% sure that now mark is a flat 30% commission on all products.

Avon you sell then pay. Mark you must pay at the time you place your order.

Mark has a very limited amount of product to offer your customers. As an Avon rep you can sell both Mark AND Avon and that gives you the opportunity to have a larger customer base, which should then allow you to sell more product.

Mark representatives do not have to place an order every campaign. Avon reps don't either but they do have to place an order of any size at least every 6 weeks to keep the acct open.

Mark reps that want to do leadership have to change their account to an avon account. They used to have leadership in mark but they don't anymore.

My recommendation is that it is best to sell Avon because you can still sell mark. If you sell only mark....you're only selling mark but that is your choice to make
Old 09-20-2009, 06:20 AM
WAHM Master

I just want to add that I don't sell much mark product even if I give out the magalog. You might love mark but if you can't find customers that do it doesn't do you much good.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:20 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I really don't see much advantage in being a Mark rep vs the whole Avon line, except that you have guaranteed earnings throughout the life of your business of 40% on Beauty items and 25% on non-beauty items.

With Avon, you are guaranteed 40% and 20% in your first four campaigns, and then the amount you earn is based on your sales level.

Chances are though, that you will not sell as much product with mark alone, as you would with the full line.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:36 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelab View Post
I really don't see much advantage in being a Mark rep vs the whole Avon line, except that you have guaranteed earnings throughout the life of your business of 40% on Beauty items and 25% on non-beauty items.

With Avon, you are guaranteed 40% and 20% in your first four campaigns, and then the amount you earn is based on your sales level.

Chances are though, that you will not sell as much product with mark alone, as you would with the full line.
I don't believe mark reps get 40/25% any more. A mark rep recently said that. It was changed to a flat 30% on all items. I could be wrong but that os what she said
Old 09-20-2009, 09:04 AM
WAHM Master

Ok it is 30% - This is all I found

What is a mark Representative?
mark
Representatives are young women (age 16 and older) who sell mark makeup, skincare, jewelry and accessories via the mark Magalog.

Each Representative is the owner of her own mark business and:
  • sets her own hours and manages her business online
  • earns a 30% sales commission
  • may earn college credit for completing the mark training
  • participates in sales incentive programs
Old 09-20-2009, 09:14 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Thanks for setting it straight for me. That was the way it Used to be.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks everyone for the help... The discount was one piece of information that I could not pinpoint.
As for leadership, does anyone know if Mark has any incentives for recruiting? Maybe they have a program in place but don't call it leadership anymore?
I not sure if I will be recruiting anyway. I am mainly obtaining an account for family, friends, and myself, if I receive outside orders that is great, but not sure if I will be actively pursuing customers...we will see.
I do appreciate everyone's help, helping me make an informed decision.
Tara
​Tara Bryant - South Hill Designs Ind. Artist: #12363 www.TarasLockets.com
Be sure to visit my fun, funky, unique blog and My Esty Store
Old 09-20-2009, 09:50 AM
WAHM Master

Found this on the Avon forum

Here's the rundown on how it works as a mark. only rep:

Guaranteed earnings - 30% on everything.

35% on Demos. No Limits

Reps collect $ from their customers up-front and place their orders online ONLY with a debit or credit card (just like if they were shopping at any other online store). mark. will only charge them Rep price for the orders. Money leftover in their accounts is their profit (much like Avon).

Shipping is $3 per order, no matter how large or small the order. It is usually shipped UPS ground. This really is a good deal, since you can order HUNDREDS of dollars worth of merchandise if you want, and its still just $3. Throughout almost all of 2008, shipping was free over $20, customer price, for all REP placed orders.

Most mark. Reps will charge each customer a little portion of the shipping cost.

mark. reps do not have a leadership option right now, but she can refer a friend online for $20 or 200 mark. points which can be redeemed for prizes on another website.

They launched the mark. eRep opportunity on June 1st 2008. Phase two started in October, with the addition of the Web Office. The Forwardable Emails are now up and running. Credits/Commissions are deposited every 2 weeks, via direct deposit. Direct Delivery is the only option

At this time, there is no charge for mark. eRep websites.

mark. reps DO count toward your downline and leadership unit sales.

Avon reps can automatically sell mark. products. You do NOT need a separate account, and one person cannot have both a mark. and an Avon account in one name/social security number. You will place all of your mark. orders here with the rest of your Avon orders.

mark. reps do not have access to youravon.com and are not able to sell Avon products at all.

mark. magalogs come in packs of five and can be ordered under the "shop catalogs" link on the item entry screen.

Edited to update some of the information I am finding

Last edited by SAHMof2; 09-20-2009 at 09:56 AM.

This ad will disappear if you login