Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales: Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Avon

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to koledust
Default How much can you make selling Avon?

I was just wondering how much you can make selling avon? How much does everyone make a month?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:18 AM
WAHM Master

I make between $600-$1000 per month as a sales rep and UL.

Its nearly impossible to pinpoint any type of $ figure to give out and say this is how much you'll make. First and foremost how you work you business is key. Then your commissions are based on your order size after the first 4 campaigns of a 40% commission. As seen below

$1550 or more 50%
$900 - $1549 45%
$425 - $899 40%
$285 - $424 35%
$145 - $284 30%
$25 - $144 20%
$00 - $24 0%

There are also licensed items such as Disney, Curves etc plus watches, shoes and handbags that are at a 20% fixed commission rate. So what your customers buy can vary the amount your would make. You definitely want to find cosmetics and skin care customers they are the way to make money...especially those interested in skin care as they are the higher priced items. Cosmetics and skin care are things customers will order again and again as they run out. The fixed commission items are definitely good for raising the total order size and by doing that may raise the commission you make on the Avon core products. So for some ideas on what you could make....

As a David McConnell Member which is product sales of over $66,500 you would make about $30,000 a yr.

If you go into leadership as an Executive Unit Leader you could make approximately $56,000 a yr.

Senior Executive Leaders make about $134,000 a year. Combining leadership with sales is the best way to make good money with Avon.

If you make President's Club which is sales of $10,100 in a year you are guaranteed a 40%/25% commission each campaign regardless of the order size from the time you make PC and the whole next selling cycle. That is something all reps should shoot for. It is definitely the way to make good money. Last year I sold $20,000 and made Honor Society. The perks didn't change as far as commissions go but they do offer other things for achieving that level of selling.

It is possible to make good money with Avon if you work your business and run it like a business but its not going to happen overnight. Most people usually give up before they get started. They don't manage the business properly and end up spending more than they make.

Last edited by BeautyPeddler; 09-03-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Super WAHM

Great answer Terri! I would definitely agree, it is hard to pinpoint exactly how much someone would make.

I am a Unit Leader and Honor's Society member and I make the same as Terri............$600 to $1000 per month.

Like the saying goes, "It's what you put into it." This is so true for Avon too, you have to be willing to put some effort into it if you want to get anything out of it.

I am figuring you are wanting to join Avon?? So, feel free to ask more questions. I remember before I signed up, I had a TON of questions! lol!

Best wishes on whatever you decide!
Olivia
Old 09-03-2009, 07:07 AM
WAHM Regular

Question supplies

Hi Ladies:

Does the Avon supplies that you purchase count towards your yearly sells figure? Example would be the samples, demos, brochures etc.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:15 AM
WAHM Fanatic

What you make will mainly be determined by your amount of motivation, and your commitment to your business.

If you spend even six dedicated hours a week - putting our brochures, getting follow up information, advertising wherever possible, looking for fundraisers or events, sending out e-mails etc. , you will have a thriving and growing business.

Repeat that every week and the money will follow.

Does it take energy? YES, but what job doesn't. So if you want to be successful, you have to work it, and not just put brochures on doors and walk away hoping someone will call you.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:19 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.B View Post
Hi Ladies:

Does the Avon supplies that you purchase count towards your yearly sells figure? Example would be the samples, demos, brochures etc.
These sales do count toward your award sales, but demos are only at a percent of the customer price.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to kristakey13
Default Supplies

Quote:
Hi Ladies:

Your brochures, samples, business tools (e.g. bags), and demos all count toward your earnings level every campaign as well as your total award sales if you're trying to reach President's Club or higher.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Wink Thank you!

Thank you Ladies:

I truly love the support here! Thank you again.
Ms.B

P.S
Yes, as a matter of fact, I was in the process of ordering samples and bags.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:50 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Hi Ladies:

They are also Tax Deductible!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:55 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Thank you Ladies:

I truly love the support here! Thank you again.
Ms.B

P.S
Yes, as a matter of fact, I was in the process of ordering samples and bags.
Don't go buying tons of samples. I have rarely gotten a sale from giving out a sample and I don't buy them much anymore. Also Avon does give you 25 bags in your first order.

This ad will disappear if you login