Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Avon

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 AM
WAHM Master

Default How to Become A Successful AVON Representative

How to Become A Successful AVON Representative

1. MAKE A SCHEDULE AND DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CUSTOMERS TO MAKE IT FOR YOU - Make a schedule and let your customers know what to expect from you. If you are late on delivering orders or customers cannot get in contact with you, they are going to change to another Representative.

If you allow your customers to determine your schedule you will only waste your time and money. If a customer calls you wanting you to deliver an order right then just say “I’m sorry but I have my family schedule right now and I will be able to deliver your order on (date).” However there are exceptions. People do work and you may need to find a time that is best for both you and your customer.

EX: I deliver my brochures to my customers on the day (Tues) before orders go in. I deliver the orders the following Tues. I DO THIS EVERY CAMPAIGN. This way my customers know what to expect from me.

2. DELIVER BROCHURES EARLY AND FOLLOW UP - EVERY campaign you need to deliver a brochure to EVERY customer. Your brochure is your store. If your customer does not get the brochure how can you expect your customer to place an order? Deliver the brochures personally to your customers before the next campaign goes in. This way you can follow up with each customer and ask him or her if they need anything. This goes back to MAKE A SCHEDULE. Following up with customer’s means bigger orders and more earnings. Plus you do not have to call them and feel like you are begging or bugging them for an order.
DON’T FORGET TO ASK FOR REFERRALS!

3. DELIVER ORDERS ON TIME EVERY CAMPAIGN – Delivering orders on time each campaign will let your customers know when to expect delivery and when to have payment. If you have a customer that only gets paid the first of each month but wants to place an order in the current campaign. Wait until the campaign before her money comes in and then place the order. You can always backorder two campaigns. This way you are not paying out of pocket for the order.

4. DO NOT ORDER TO MANY ITEMS FOR YOURSELF OR TO MANY BUSINESS ITEMS – Doing this could cause you to have to pay Avon instead of earning a profit. Only purchase what you NEED until you have saved enough in profits to purchase what you want.

5. OPEN A PERSONAL CHECKING ACCOUNT – Open a personal checking account (they are free) and get a debit card. You do not want to pay for a business account and you want to keep your Business money separate from your personal money.

6. PAY AVON THEN PAY YOURSELF – Once you collected all the money from your customers you will then deposit it in your Business (personal checking) account. You will pay Avon what you owe them (Use the debit card to make payment – DO NOT SEND IN A MONEY ORDER). It is best to pay Avon once you collected enough money to cover the bill. DO NOT wait to pay Avon. This needs to be completed the day before orders are due. If you pay them after orders are due this will affect your credit with Avon. Once you have paid Avon whatever money is left over is your earnings.

7. ORGANIZE – You need to have a system in place so you are not overwhelmed by the amount of stuff you have going on. This will be a constant thing you will have to do each and every campaign.

8. KEEP UP WITH ALL RECIEPTS AND GAS MILEAGE – Anytime you purchase something that is for your Avon business, keep the receipt. This includes any food and drinks you get while delivering your brochures or orders. Also keep up with gas mileage. This will be important when it comes time for taxes. These are deductions.

9. BOOKKEEPING – This is also important to do each campaign. If you fail to do it you will be overwhelmed when tax time comes. Plus you will be able to see exactly your earnings each campaign. Most representatives quit because they don’t believe they are making money. You will not see how much money you are making unless you do bookkeeping.

10. HIRE HELPERS – If you find a customer that loves Avon and buys regularly but do not want to sign up to become a representative offer them the opportunity to become a helper. You get more orders, which equals more earnings. ALWAYS PAY YOUR HELPERS either by a discount on her orders, free products, etc.

11. DO EVERYTHING LISTED EACH AND EVERY CAMPAIGNS AND DO NOT GIVE AN ORDER TO A CUSTOMER WITHOUT PAYMENT NO EXCEPTIONS. DO NOT TAKE CHECKS, MONEY ORDERS, OR CREDIT CARDS FROM CUSTOMERS YOU DO NOT KNOW. DO NOT ORDER FOR CUSTOMERS OUT OF YOUR DELIVERY AREA UNLESS YOU KNOW THEM – MOST ARE SCAMMERS.

BE CAREFUL AND TRUST YOURSELF!

Last edited by jnmurra; 08-07-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread